Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thrifted Thursday {with a link up}

hi y'all. :)


i have loved having a flea market booth for the last 9 months.

with my crazy busy life, full up of taking care of four kiddos and all that comes with that, i was a bit nervous to add anything extra to my plate.

it has turned out to be exactly what i hoped it would be....easy, fun & profitable.
yay. :)

the only hard part has been that it is on the complete opposite side of town from where i live.
that wouldn't be a huge deal, but i literally have nothing else going on over there so it just feels like i'm driving out to half of forever to get there.
always had to make a special trip.
every time i drove out there, i would pray that God would open something up closer to me.

so a few weeks ago i was standing outside talking to my neighbor friend about all this and she told me that she saw a sign for a new place opening up.
!!!!!!!!!
yay! just what i'd been praying for! :)

anyhow, i got right over there and signed up.
i cleaned out my old booth a few days later.
it was hard to leave that place since they had been so good to me but i am so excited about the new place.
it's really close so i should be able to just stop by when i'm out and about. :)

sooooo, if you're in northwest arkansas, it's called fayetteville's funky yardsale, and it will be open august 15. :)
i think it will be a great place to shop...it's huge and there are some great vendors that i know of already. :) yay.

okay...so since this is thrifted thursday, i want to show you a fun little project.

so this really cool frame isn't technically thrifted but my mom brought it back from my grandpa's house earlier this summer.
it's old so that counts. ;)



i knew i wanted to do something fun with it.
then when i had my annual college girls' weekend, my friend jackie, gifted us each with a 1corinthians 13 art print so i knew that would be a great piece to use with this frame.


i had a spray painting party in the front yard and gave the frame a few good coats of teal.

thankfully the print fit perfectly and gave that old from a new life. :)


i love having scripture on the walls and i had been wanting to have this particular verse up for a while.
the kids and i refer to it often. ;)


have y'all been thrifting lately? show us your scores!


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your framed scripture looks so pretty! Love the color you chose for the frame! Thanks so much for inviting me over:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that color you chose!

    Good luck in your new spot!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)