Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ryan Seacrest, M.D.

Well, according to Ryan Seacrest, this is the worst flu season in American history.  AJ says that's not a reliable source.   Whatever....the evidence is overwhelming.  There are sooo many people who have, or are just getting over the flu.   We have several close friends who have had it.  A good portion of AJ's office were out this week with the flu.  AJ's parents are in town this weekend.  We took them by AJ's work to show them around.  His boss was up there trying to get stuff done since she'd been gone the whole week.  She is still sick but didn't think anyone would be there.  She said, "stay away from me, I'm still contagious."  No problem.   I hope I didn't offend her by the fact that I backed up and stayed a good 12 feet from her.  I have put so much purrell on my kids' hands this week, they are raw.  We tried to quarantine ourselves in the house as much as possible this week.  We did have to go to the grocery store where I proceeded to wipe the entire cart down.  You betcha, I am not taking any chances.  I'm not a crazy germaphobe....but it just grosses me out to think of all those sicky people wiping their nose and then pushing the shopping cart.  yuck.  I heard one time on the news that the shopping cart handles carry some of the highest amount of germs.  They tested the handles and found all kinds of nastiness that I can't bring myself to type right now.   All that to say, we were in the house a lot this week.  Cooped up in the house = cookie time!
The boys helped me make Peanut Butter Blossoms.  They're super easy and really fun to do with kids.  
Here they are with their cookie balls, all ready to go in the oven.  
While the cookies were baking, they got to unwrap all the hershey kisses.....and even eat one!
The kisses are ready to go!
They are so proud of their creations!
This is what happens lately when I ask Finley to smile.  He likes to make a bunch of goober faces....pretty cute though.  :)
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I laughed so hard at your Ryan Seacrest comments. Did you watch American Idol Wednesday night? I thought the blond guy got gipped. (Is that how you spell that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to avoid the flu bug this season! You must be doing a good job on the disenfecting......I had the blasted flu a few weeks ago.... stinks. Thankfully Silas and Josh have remained flu free! I have avoided contact with all friends whose kids have had the flu....I feel like kids need to be puke free for a good week before I want to be around them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cookies look so good!

    I am glad you guys are healthy....Ava has been puny the last few days...thankfully it's not the flu.

    We are EVER SO READY for Spring to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW!!! And I have a newborn and am DESPERATELY NEEDING to get out of this house. I know all those flu germs are just waiting to pounce on me the second I step foot out the door! So scary. What a time to have a new baby! Right in the middle of flu season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good...we may have to make some this week. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you telling me that Ryan Seacrest is NOT a dr.????

    Crap!!! I have some prescriptions to go throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, I've been going around spraying all the doorknobs and toilet handles down with lysol. I always think about this "experiment" we did in 7th or 8th grade science where we took bacteria cultures of all these different locations at school. Everyone said that they thought that the inside of the toilet bowl would be the dirtiest. Nope. The doorknobs and toilet handles.

    And Finley's "smile" has me rolling!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)