Monday, June 30, 2008

Life through their eyes

I love weekends.  I absolutely love spending the entire weekend with my 3 boys.  On Friday morning Avery asked me what day it was.  I said, "Friday."  He screamed, "Daddy doesn't have to go to work tomorrow!!!"  They love weekends too.  I am definitely happiest when I am with them.  So Saturday morning we went to this donut shop our friends, Nick & Emily have been telling us about.  If you live around here, it's called Old Tyme Doughnuts.  SO. YUMMY.  I have been craving donuts like crazy...more specifically chocolate glazed donuts.  I was the same way when I was pregnant with the boys.  It's a family-run donut shop and the owner did magic tricks for the boys...couldn't get any better than that.  
My Mom got us tickets to see Go Diego Go Live! on Saturday evening (thanks mom!!).   The boys were so excited and had a BLAST.  As you can see from the picture, they got jaguar masks which were a big hit.  My favorite thing about life right now is experiencing it through their eyes.  I LOVE watching them enjoy something for the first time.  Life would seriously be dull without kids.   
A little snapshot of Finn's face.  During intermission he kept saying, "we have to go back, I want to see Diego."  So much joy.


Last night we went to a fireworks display that our friends, Zach & Erin's church was putting on.  It was one of the best one's I've been to.  It was really long and had patriotic music playing really loud the whole time.  The boys LOVED it.  They also got glow necklaces and the giant rainbow popsicles.  You really can't top that.  Avery was screaming, "This is so fun! It's magic!"  Again, the favorite part for AJ & I was watching the boys faces.  I wonder if God feels like that when he blesses us with something...does He just want to see our face?
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the perfect weekend. We were tempted to take Ava to Diego...but were late in getting tickets. I hear it's a great show!

    Happy Times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that analogy of God delighting in seeing our face when he blesses us with something. May I have a thankful heart that delights Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you're right about God blessing us to enjoy our faces.

    we got to see diego on sunday. jackson was scared at first but then was sad when it was over. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)