Thursday, June 19, 2008

The last few months . . . in review

So the first trimester (14 1/2 weeks really) of this pregnancy was rough.  I had horrible allergies and wasn't sleeping when I found out I was pregnant.  Then, I got a stomach bug the next week.  Then I felt good for about 2 days before the all day sickness began.  Of course, I have been so thrilled to be pregnant, but I was definitely ready for the first trimester woes to be O-V-E-R.  Well, the day of Jill & Chris's rehearsal dinner, I finally felt good the whole day.  I almost forgot what it was like to enjoy food or feel hungry.  I have never appreciated it more than I do now!!  I am finally feeling myself again and it is so very nice.   

Now that I'm feeling better, I thought I'd give a little update of some things that have gone on the last few months.   

This Spring Avery played soccer again on the city team.  He really enjoyed it this year and loved "scoring goals."  Even if it was in the other team's goal. :)  It was so fun to see him really get into running after the ball and trying to kick it.  As opposed to last year when he spent most of the practice picking dandelions for the coach and climbing up the goal.  
Here he is in the black hat:
This is part of his team and his coach at the last game.  Avery is so proud of his medal!
In May Avery had his Kids Day Out/Preschool Graduation.  It was a really sweet ceremony.  They had a slide show of all the things the kids did throughout the year.  My parents and little sister Hannah came. 
This is a picture of Avery and Titus.  They are also in church together and are going to the same school next year.  
Also in May was our friend, Tenney's 3rd birthday party.  He had a jungle theme party and it was SO CUTE! :)
Here is Avery, Tenney, Micah, & Finley with their jungle masks on:
Tenney's dad, Nick, made and hung jungle vines all around the ceiling.
Fun jungle food:
Emily had really fun favors for the kids.  They got to decorate their own cups to take home.  They also got a cute jungle name card holder.
Here are Avery and Finley on the last day of Kids Day Out.  Wow, that year flew by quickly!
And finally, here is my sweet AJ with the boys on Father's Day.   Finley insisted on wearing the sunglasses.
So there you go.  I hope hope hope that I do better with updating this summer!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures! I am glad you are feeling so much better! Hooray for enjoying food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad your feeling better!! That is the worst, isn't it??

    Your boys are soo super cute... can't wait to be holding mine!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)