Saturday, June 28, 2008

My baby is a big boy.

Finley wanted me to take a picture with him and his made bed as well.  He is learning to make the bed, although he does need a lot of help to make it look like this. :)  We moved Finley in with Avery about 3 weeks ago and he is doing great in the big bed.  Although they do tend to talk and laugh for a while before falling asleep.  I think they are making great memories.  I pray all the time that they will always be best friends.  They have been given such a gift in each other.  With Finley moving into the big bed also came the giving up of the "binky."  He only had it at night for sleeping.  He's done so well.  I took an idea that Traci gave me a couple of years ago at a JBU homecoming.  I was worried about taking the binky away from Finley and she said she did it when her kids moved to a big kid bed and it worked out fine.  So, it has worked for us.  After the first entire week of sleeping without it, he got to pick out a new toy from Target.  That was really fun & exciting for him.  He's never asked for it since that first night.  The only downside is that it has definitely made it harder for him to fall asleep.  It takes him a few hours to fall asleep when he used to pass out as soon as he laid down and had the binky in his mouth.  However, he passes out for nap.....I guess b/c he's so tired from the night before! 

Good job baby boy!  I love you! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)