Monday, September 21, 2009

We went to the Fair

On Friday, my step-mama, little sister Hannah, the boys, & I went to the county fair.  They were having "kids day" and it was so great! Oh, how I love a county fair...in the daytime...you know,  before the creepies come out of the woodwork. 
We all had such a great time.

The kids got to pet all kinds of animals. 
Seriously, all kinds.   Goats, Cows, Snakes, Pigs, Chicks, Turtles, Camels, Hedgehogs. . . okay, so they just looked at those.


It was all set up so nice for the kids to wander around and see & pet the animals. 
They L.O.V.E.D feeding the goats. 


They even got to take turns milking the goat.


They had a petting area where they got to hold baby chicks.  So fun.



Hannah could have stayed in there and held the chicks all day.  She is crazy about animals.  Isn't she pretty?  Look at those eyelashes. :)


 Sawyer seems to really like animals.  He gets so excited & bounces up and down when he sees our cat.  He started breathing excitedly when he saw these baby chicks.  He even got to pet one. :)


He did his best to see all the animals from his stroller.
These pigs are named pork & beans.


There was even a monkey.  Right before this picture, it had jumped off of Finley's back.  Very exciting.


Have you ever heard of a zedonk?  Yeah, me neither.  Craziest thing, it made both a zebra and a donkey sound....a little bit creepy if you ask me. 

They even opened up the kiddie carnival rides.  I was so excited b/c the boys had never ridden a ride before.  Plus, they got the benefit of riding the rides, without having to come at night with all the crazies.



I wasn't sure if Finley would like the rides or not...he's my timid boy.  But he loved them! 


It was such a fun day!  I hope they have Kids' Day at the fair every year. 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Why ever would you want to leave BEFORE the creepies? might be some really good blog material. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)