Wednesday, December 2, 2009

a "nature walk"

Every year the boys and I go across the street to gather pine cones for our Christmas decorating.
Pine cones = free.  I like free. 
I love our home to look cozy and Christmasy without spending a lot (or any) money.
So I loaded up my child labor sweet boys and we headed out to gather some nature.
Sawyer is ready to go!

 
I love the woodsy/lodgy feel pine cones bring to our home. 
Just makes me want to get a fire going and drink hot chocolate.
And they're free....did I mention that?



The boys are good little helpers.  They love hunting for the pine cones. 
Sawyer likes to eat what he finds.
He also likes to pull his socks off and leave them behind.

 

I photoshopped the crusted snot off his nose.  Just thought you'd like to know.

Keep working boys!  Mama needs some decor!


And my favorite photo of all.  The fence post started to twist.  So typical of my boys. 

Check back soon for photos of our house all decked out for Christmas. :) Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hello, I found your blog from your comment on Meg's Whatever blog. I clicked over to ask you where you found the eyeclops night goggles for $40??

    Then I saw your cute blog. First of all...love the name Sawyer. I tried to convince my husband to use that name for BOTH our sons. But he wouldn't because there's a character named Sawyer on Lost and he didn't want people to think we'd named our child after a character on T.V.

    Secondly, I LOVE your goodies in old Gerber plastic tubs for his first birthday. My second son is turning 1 in January...I think I'll have to steal that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by!:)
    Okay, now it looks like the goggles are $47...I guess I was checking on black friday. But here's the link:
    http://www.gosale.com/4981853/eyeclops-night-vision-20?gclid=CKekoPasq54CFQ8MDQodSEhvlA
    Well, if you have another son, you should use the name Sawyer. We love it. :)
    Yes, use the gerber tubs, they're the perfect size and FREE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your tree! Saw your comment over at Nester's. My tree has tons of pine cones and some TWIGS too. I had the most fun putting it together this year. I made all the ornaments and used nature. I posted photos the other day. I'm using pine cones with a bit of everything (wreath, baskets, mantel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never ceases to amaze me that people BUY pine cones. People! They're laying on the ground all over the place for FREE! Me and my child labor force are about to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm calling the feds...I'm sure it is illegal to use pine cones for free....you probably are required to pay some tax on them, that combined with your child labor and you are really developing quite the criminal record :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)