Saturday, December 12, 2009

A very PineConey Christmas



I think a house never looks better than at Christmas time. 
I love how cozy my house looks right now. 
I enjoy getting out my huge box of Christmas decorations and figuring out how I can do something different with them this year.
I love the challenge of updating our Christmas decor without spending much or any money.
I've had these wreaths since our December wedding 9 years ago.  We used them as centerpieces (with 3 white candles inside) at our reception. 
I used a simple strip of burlap and hung them around our house.  
I especially love the one on our bedroom mirror.

The boys room even got a wreath. :)
 
The top of our wardrobe, all Christmasy & Cozy....
Here are some of my huge stash of pine cones put to good use in our office.  I spray painted them with Caramel Latte (I think) spray paint...it's a really pretty silvery/gold color.  I love the way they look in my Potter's House Thrift jar.  (I paid 75 cents for it, BTW).
 
Our bathroom window sill even got some pine cone love.
 
The boys have their own tree (that they decorated themselves) in their bathroom. 
 
What it's really about.....the Savior of the world showing up in the most unexpected way.
 
I do this every year.
 
I love my big, fat, floufy wreath (got on clearance after Christmas a couple of years ago).
I got the little tree on clearance as well at Hob Lob one year.
Plopped it in a bucket and shoved a bunch of pine cones in and around it. 
love. it.   love how woodsy and simple it is.
I topped it with a sweet letter plaque my friend Emily made.
 
Check back for a post chock full o' photos of my tree & mantle.
You better believe there will be more pine cones.


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Super cute and VERY cozy! Did you paint your door black? That looks really good as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Sara. You always do such a good job with decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is lovely, everything looks so pretty! MErry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree by the front door. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the wreaths and pinecones, so cozy and pretty. That little tree in the bathroom is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the pinecones! I may steal your idea for use at my house this year. We are decorating later this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your home and your decor. Blessings to you this Christmas!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your decorations especially the nativity, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your decorations especially the nativity, thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pinecones! The pinecone ornaments (and pinecones I've gathered over the years!) are some of my favorite ones. I love how you've used yours in decorating. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It all looks so festive! Thanks for showing us around! I am stopping in from Nester's place. To see my tour click on the 'Christmas 2009' tag on the left sidebar of my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)