Tuesday, January 12, 2010

sara's easy chicken pot pie.

this recipe isn't gonna win any culinary awards.
it uses bisquick.
and cream of chicken soup.
which apparently is evil.
however, every southern-baptist-raised, potluck-totin' girl has at least 2 cans sittin' in her pantry, ready at a moment's notice. 

this is creamy & yummy & perfect for a winter night.
and everyone in my family likes it so that makes it a staple in our house.

Easy Chicken Pot Pie:
1 can mixed vegetables, drained (you can also use frozen, obviously)
2 chicken breasts, cooked & cubed (in a pinch you can use a can of chicken - still yummy)
1 can cream o' chicken soup
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp. celery flakes or salt
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper

heat oven to 400.
in ungreased 9" (deep dish) pie plate stir together vegetables, chicken & soup.
add spices, stir.
in another bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended.
pour on top of vegetable/chicken mixture.

bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
yummy.

i used the word yummy 3 times. now 4.

and if you have another can of cream of chicken laying around . . .
you should try meg duerksen's cresent chicken

here's a pic of mine.


this was a huge hit with my boys.  all of them.

you're welcome. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. My family loves cresent chicken...Delish!

    Hope you all are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Our dinner tonight includes a can of cream'o soup. My personal fave is cream'o'celery. Because I'm sassy like that. Why does the cream soup make everything so easy? Here's my recipe for tonight: 3 lb roast. Salt and pepper it and throw it in the crock pot. Whisk together a can of cream'o'celery soup and a can of beef broth. Pour over roast, cook on low til it's done. Serve the gravy over smashed red potatoes. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Shannon!! That sounds so so yummy! I will do that. You always have the best recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you post a recipe, I think how YUMMY it is and how I'm going to try it. And then, sadly... I remember who I'm married to and realize that I would be cooking for one. Meals are so boring here!!! Meat and potatoes. No variation. : (

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)