Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a spring wreath

so i really wanted to make a spring wreath.
for free.
because that's how i roll.
i thought the christmas wreath on our door in march was looking a bit lame.
i dug around my box o' easter stuff and found these eggs.
i plucked the ribbons out decided to try to spray paint them
i used my caramel latte spray paint which is a really pretty, shimmery, goldish-silverish color.
 [ignore the ginormous basketball in the background. thank you]

i thought they would look sparkly & fresh against my white wreath (grapevine wreath spray painted white).

this is the result.  i'm embarrassed to even show you.  but i am a good friend. and honesty is the best policy.

 i know. i know. it's hideous.

okay, do i get an A for effort? 
no, i do not.  

and that is just sad.  a sad, sad, little easter wreath.
1st of all only 2 of the 3 eggs made it because did you know that spray paint eats styrofoam???
it does.  which any person with a brain would have thought of.
i tried to balance it out with the burlap bow.
but no, it's just not happening.
plus it looks a little vulgar if i'm being honest.


moving on.
i won't be deterred by one failed attempt. 

soooo, i dug around in my fabric stash and made these pretty little flowers.

i love them.
i just quickly cut some circles out of springy colored fabrics and hot glued them together.
i did not try to be perfect at all.  i think they look cuter that way.
i added some buttons on top and hot glued the whole cute mess to the wreath.
then i took 10 pictures of my wreath because i love it so much i want to marry it.
i think it's simple and nice and it makes me happy.
and it took me 10 minutes.
and i like any project that requires a glue gun.
okay just one more.
sometime i would like to learn how to make some like hers.
i like how sticky-outy they are.
but i didn't have time to google that today.

want more easter wreath ideas?  click here. and here. Pin It

10 comments:

  1. You're hilarious. The vulgar Easter wreath. lol. I thought your second attempt was great though, and kudos for keeping it budget-friendly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a hoot!! =) Thanks for the honesty!! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the way it looks against your black door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I love your fabric flowers. You are a brave woman to post your fail. I'm not sure I could do the same! lol! (And it wasn't *that* bad) ;)

    I'm visiting from Transformation Thursday. :)

    - Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOOOVE this. I love the simplisty of it, and I love the fabric flowers. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute little flowers....very festive and Spring-ish!
    good post, sara!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the spring wreath with the flowers and your amusing comments along the way! I, too have the Christmas wreath up (shame, I know!) and must try something like this :)

    Katie
    moremisadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new wreath and I love how funny you were about your first attempt. You have such a great sense of humor and it totally comes across in your blog. I think you should write a book...no lie. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. delightful ...post and project! I love faric flowers and yours are so cheerful! I'm dropping by from The Girl Creative. I hope to see you back at my place soon! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your flowers! I have to make some for my front door, my library book bag and beach bag....what else??? So cute! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)