Friday, July 27, 2007

Rockin' times in KC

We had a great time in Kansas City last weekend. We met AJ's parents, his sister, her husband and son and brought Jill (AJ's sister) with us. We stayed at a really fun hotel with a great continental breakfast. I seriously love a continental breakfast. On Saturday morning we went to Union Station and went through the Norman Rockwell Museum/Exhibit. It was so neat. It was interactive, so it was really fun for the kids. Every afternoon, after the little boys naps, we went swimming. Avery and Finley have SO much fun with their cousin, Drew. He is a couple of months older than Finley. They just play and play and play.

Here is a picture of the fun times in the pool. This is grandpa throwing Avery to AJ. He loved it. I swear, he could have played in that pool all night. And he really has no fear.


Grandpa (AJ's dad) swimming with Finley. Finley adores his grandpa.

This picture is literally minutes after we got there. They were so excited to see each other. They grabbed hands and were walking around together. So sweet!

Every night we would go into AJ's parents room and put the boys down to bed in the back bedroom. Then the adults would sit in the living area and eat dessert, relax, and talk. It mostly took a VERY LONG time for them to fall asleep b/c they kept switching spots and laughing and making a tent out of the covers. They are all used to sleeping alone, so this was very exciting. Eventually they would fall asleep and then we would scoop them up and tote them back across the hotel to our room. I had a picture of the 3 boys asleep together which was so stinkin' cute, but I can't find it at the moment and I'm too tired to look right now. I'm going to bed.

We were exhausted by the end but it was a really good time. I am blessed to have such great in-laws!










Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun, and I love the pictures. I can't believe your boys are so big. You're like, a legitimate mom, eh? We're on vacation now in South Carolina. I'll post pictures when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara!
    I found your blog and I have enjoyed reading it and meeting your family. Your sons are so adorable. I started a blog it's not that exciting but I thought I would add you to my blogroll if that's ok. Mine is ihavetoday.wordpress.com. I hope you are doing well!! Krista

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)