Tuesday, August 14, 2007

4 days and counting . . .

Why does summer always fly by SO FAST!!?? Of course it doesn't totally feel like summer is completely over around here because we are leaving for vacation on Friday. And also, it's bloody hot. Seriously, it was unseasonably cool during July...high's in the 80's. Now it's 100 degrees with absolutely no breeze to speak of. However, I do love summertime. Even if it does feel like an oven out there, it's such a great time of year. About our "vaca," we are leaving for Florida this Friday. This is our first "real" vacation since our honeymoon. By "real" vacation, I mean not visiting family or friends. Also AJ and I's first time to go to the beach together. I am really excited. Okay,I am a little nervous about the 14 hour road trip we are embarking on with the kids, but the beach will be worth it. You better believe I will be drugging my kids up with Dramamine before we go. We will also be bringing about 15 movies and the travel dvd player---don't judge me. Also a little nervous about what kind of motel we're going to stay in on the way down. We are going to do the drive in two days. But once we get there, it will be nice. AJ planned the whole trip himself. :) We are staying in a condo right on the beach. It's really kid friendly . . . has a playground and pool, etc. The condo has 2 bedrooms, living room, & kitchen. So that will be nice. I'm planning on making some snack foods, muffins, etc. ahead of time. That of course would require I actually quit blogging and do something around here. So hopefully I will get some great beach pictures to blog when I return. Say a little prayer for us! :) Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sara,

    Your post finally published! Hooray! I hope you have a great time on your vacation! It was great to see you tonight!

    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)