Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday Morning Ritual

Well, this has been a great weekend! I absolutely love weekends with my 3 boys. AJ took Friday off and we had fun spending the day together. We went to Lewis and Clark which is one of our favorite stores. Avery loves to climb the climbing wall. AJ found a pair of Patagonia shoes which we had to special order for his size 13 feet. :) We also went to the mall to get the boys sunglasses for the beach. We actually let them pick them out themselves. Avery got spider man and Finley got some blue ones with a teddy bear paw print...weird. I am usually a mean mommy and don't let them pick out anything b/c I want them to look "cool." This time, I had a gift card from Payless that I had never used so we went and there were 3 pairs of kid sunglasses left, so they had their pick from 3....so not really much of a choice after all. Oh well, they'll probably lose them by the end of the week anyway.
Then Friday, late afternoon, we went swimming with our friends, Dave, Mel, Nick, Emily,Chris, and all our kids. It was really fun. The "men" (and I use the word men loosely) had a splash contest off the diving board. Okay, I will admit that eventually Mel & I joined in jumping off the diving board. It looked like too much fun to resist. We had dinner by the pool and swam until the kids could take no more.
Saturday we took our weekly trip to the Farmer's Market. It's really great. This week there was a juggling show, so that was really fun for the boys. I love picking up some fresh vegetables. There's always a ton of people there with their kids and dogs. It's very lively and fun. Then last night my dad & step mom & little sister came over and watched the boys and we went on a date with our friends, Zach & Erin. We saw Bourne Ultimatum...it was SOOO good. I was actually really surprised b/c I didn't love the 2nd one.
Now we are attending a church that doesn't start until 10:45, so we have started a Sunday morning tradition of taking a family bike ride. I LOVE it. We go early in the morning so it is still cool. Of course, by the end of the ride it starts getting hot, as you can tell by the sweat in the following pictures. :) We ride through different neighborhoods surrounding ours. We often stop & walk through houses that are being built to get ideas if we end of building someday. The boys are happy because they get a free ride....okay after a while they start fussing at each other and we have to head back home. Here are some pictures from our bike ride....pardon the sweat.

Here is a picture to document that I am actually in this family (most of our pictures are of everybody else b/c I'm usually the one with the camera).

The boys are ready to go!
AJ has the hard work of pulling the boys . . .
Peace Out (AJ told me to write that)





Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend; I love it when Greg has a Friday off and we can just hang out. We've been wanting to see Bourne Ultimatum on a date as well.

    Greg photos--you're looking fabulous as ever!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)