Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Livin' the Good Life

First of all, I want to say "I'm sorry" to Chris Tomlin for my annoyance at him in a previous post. AJ informed me that it was part of a compilation cd of U2 covers for aid to Africa. I take it back....worthy cause indeed.

Now on to my exciting life in a house with 2 preschoolers.....
I made the boys Christmas aprons this year. I had made several to sell at our open house. There weren't any left, so I decided to make the boys each their own that they could wear every year when we do Christmas baking. They L-O-V-E helping in the kitchen. They even more love their new Christmas aprons...especially Avery. He runs and puts it on every time I'm in the kitchen. I want to take a really cute picture of the boys in their aprons making Christmas cookies, but that hasn't happened yet. Here we are...me and my two little helpers, making biscuits. Yes, Finley is stuffing a whole banana into his mouth.

On Friday night we got to go on another date night. AJ got tickets for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. We went out with some friends of ours to dinner at Outback (Yum) and then to the play and then to get coffee. It was so fun. Before we left Avery got to try to take a picture of us again. Here we are from a 4 year old's view:


Even though I really like Avery being able to get some pictures that we wouldn't otherwise have...it's starting to be a bad thing. He thinks it's his camera now. He also took a picture of the cat, the wall, a couple pictures of the floor and a few pictures of the table. Oh well! :)
By the way, does anyone know how to keep a cat out of a Christmas tree?? Spraying him with water only sparks his need for a challenge. I'm asking for all kinds of help lately.....


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Two weeks ago Noah took 9 pictures of the shelves and floor at Walmart with my camera phone. Whatever occupies the kids, I say... It's a great photo of you and AJ, by the way! Great job, Avery! I love the Christmas aprons my talented friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... avery did great. I LOVE Christmas parties... and I don't think we are going to get to go to any this year.

    Darn my pukin'......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get the stain out??

    I have no suggestions for you regarding the cat....I have no experience with animals...unless you count getting a puppy and only keeping it for a month before giving it away. :)

    I am slightly envious of all the dates you get to go on....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those aprons are CUTE!! I didn't realize you made those, too! I'll definitely need to talk to you about an order...

    No advice on the cat issues, although I do vaguely remember my parents using tabasco sauce for a similar problem when I was little. For the cat, that is, not me. =)

    We finally got power today...yay! I am so thankful!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)