Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Singin' With Santa

We had a fun & full weekend. About once a week, usually on the weekend, we have a "picnic" in the living room. We put a blanket out on the floor & eat dinner & watch some sort of kid friendly movie or show. Polar Express came on Friday night (ABC comes in just fine w/ no cable!) so we got Marlo's Taco Shack and had a picnic. The boys LOVE having a picnic. It's really fun family time. By the way, Marlo's Taco Shack is bueno. You can get 6 tacos, a large cheese dip & chips for $10. That's my kind of fun. :) The boys hadn't seen Polar Express since last winter so it was really fun. I don't think Finley even remembered it.
This year I wanted to start a tradition of doing an Advent Calendar. I really want to put our boys' focus on the real meaning of Christmas. I realized that I am going to have to work to make that happen. So I bought a simple Advent Calendar. Eventually I want to get a really pretty wooden one w/ the little doors, but this one will do for now. It has a window to open for each day until Christmas Eve. On the inside of the window is a verse and a picture showing part of the Christmas story. I really like it because it gives the boys a visual of how far away Christmas is and focuses us each morning on the Christmas story. Saturday was Dec. 1st so the boys got to open the first window. I just love this picture of them looking at the Advent Calendar.


On Saturday morning I went to Rachel's baby shower. It was a great time. It was so good to see some of my "siloam girls" and my best friend from college, Jackie. Then I met AJ & the boys at the train station. We got tickets for the Christmas train ride. The boys loved it. Santa & Mrs. Claus were on the train as well. They had the inside of the train all decorated for Christmas. They gave out jingle bells and snacks. We got to sing Christmas carols w/ Santa. Then afterwards the boys got their faces painted and got treat bags. This was really fun after just watching Polar Express the night before.

Sat. night was AJ's work Christmas party. It was fun to get all dressed up & go on a date w/ my husband. There was a silent auction, a very nice sit down dinner and dancing. They took our picture there, but before we left, Avery wanted to take a picture of us. Okay, so AJ's head is cut off, but it's pretty good for a 4 year old! I think he was just being artistic.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)