Wednesday, December 19, 2007

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright. . .

Sorry, I've been really bad about posting. We have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. I started Christmas shopping in August, you'd think I'd be done by now. Well, technically I'm done with the actual shopping part, except for a few more things for AJ's stocking. But there is just so much other stuff to be done. We (well, mostly me with some "help" from Avery & Finley) have been doing a lot of baking. I have been making tons of banana pecan bread and am now working on peppermint bark and will try to get to some candy making later today...we'll see how that works out. :)
Here's some Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Sticks and Banana Pecan Bread we've been working on:
On Friday night we got to take the boys to see the play Peter Pan at the Walton Arts Center. The tickets were a Christmas present from my mom. It was AMAZING. It was even better than we imagined. First we took the boys to a sandwich shop down on Dickson and then walked over (in the freezing rain) to the Arts Center. The play had 3 acts and the boys were glued to it the entire time. I think it helped that we had great seats. We were on the front row so we were close enough to see Captain Hook spit. I wasn't sure if Finley would get wiggly or antsy, but both boys sat perfectly still on our laps and were just mesmerized. The sets were very elaborate and Peter Pan and the kids were flying high over our heads. The orchestra was right in front of us so the boys would peer over and watch them during intermission. It was the most fun family event we've probably ever done. Thanks Grammy!! :)

Sunday was our 7th wedding anniversary. Jill & Chris were here so they watched the boys so we could go out. It was so great. We ate at Noodles and I had Lemon Chicken Scallopini. It was awesome . . .if you live around here, you need to try that. Then we went and saw I am Legend with Will Smith. Sooo Good. I keep thinking about it and I want to watch it again. I will say that it wasn't what I expected and was very scary....but still very good. I would like to watch it this time without my eyes covered. I covered my eyes for a good chunk of the movie. AJ said, "At one point, I looked over and you were gone." There was a really scary part and I had slid down in my seat...I guess I was trying to get away from it!
We had a wonderful anniversary. I love spending time with my husband!
Here we are 7 years ago:



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I Loved that post. The baked goods look delicious, the play sounds SO good and yet another reason I'd love to live by you, and the anniversary sounds fun! Great picture; I remember that day, especially when you had to go to the bathroom after putting your wedding dress on and it was like an act of congress to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Anniversary! I'm impressed by all of your yummy baking...I remember your peppermint bark from last year and I'm getting ready to use your recipe this weekend! The play sounds dreamy...I can't wait until Paige can enjoy those things! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a great date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for December weddings! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)