Thursday, March 20, 2008

A little heavier than usual

So I needed to hear from God.  I have felt so distant from Him lately.  I know that He is not distant at all.  I know that it is just a feeling.  But it is such a yucky feeling.  Feeling like my prayers are hitting the ceiling.  I've kept saying, "Where are you, Father?, I need a word, I need to feel your presence, I need to hear your voice."    Last night I spent most of the night awake.  I just could not sleep & was tossing and turning for hours.  I finally decided this was an opportunity to pray.  Uninterrupted time to talk with my Lord.  So I did, I prayed and prayed for everything I could think of.  I was still wide awake at 3:30 so I decided to go and read a blog I had bookmarked but not gotten around to reading.  The blog is http://cold-water-news.blogspot.com 

It was so good to read.  If you have some reading time, I highly recommend it.  It was definitely what I needed to read this morning.  It is written my a man close to my age, who is a teacher-preacher/missionary.  He just lost his wife in January and has two small children. 

 I have been struggling with God's sovereignty lately.  God spoke to me of His love through this man's words.  I am reminded once again, that God always comes through for us.  He always does.
Pin It

1 comment:

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)