Thursday, February 10, 2011

blessed ~ a tutorial

blessed.
i am so, so blessed.
we all are, actually, even those of you who have traveled much harder roads than i.
because the God of the Universe is crazy about us and is for us every minute of the day.
He is always pursuing.
He is always near....even when we don't feel Him.  He is.

several of you {okay two} have asked me about this blessed frame o' mine.
this is something i did the week before we moved...when i should have been packing another dang box.
super easy.
i found a font i liked in word.
set it to the outline feature.
printed it out.
then i carefully cut out the letters, saving the inside circles of the b, d & e's.
if you've been reading my blog for long, you've seen that frame a million times.
back in the day it was from kirklands and had a print of a painting of a street in france.  very original.
90% of you had one of those in your homes 10 years ago.
anyhooo...got tired of that and just covered the cardboard that was in the frame with a fun piece of fabric.
then got tired of that and spray painted the frame cream...then eventually teal.
finally for this, i picked up a piece of natural muslin from hobby lobby and wrapped it around the same cardboard that came with the frame all those years ago.
i placed my "stencil" where i wanted it.
i grabbed some brown paint from the garage & used an old sponge to dab it on.
i didn't want it to look perfect so i wasn't worried if the stencil lifted or moved just a bit.
and i love how it turned out.
it makes me happy.
and i want that word to always be at the top of our minds and mouths.

also, i should say that you can make a stencil using freezer paper that you iron on to your fabric if you're worried about the stencil staying put while you're painting.
just google freezer paper stencil and you'll find a tutorial. :)

let me know if you try this or have already done it...i'd love to see yours! Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love it and I think I will have to try it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how you made that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you made that! I've always eyed it each time it was in a picture! I honestly thought you bought it somewhere! Looks like I found my next project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm one of the two that asked for that tutorial so I'm stoked!

    So simple and clean and classy. I love it, and your intro to the whole thing was my favorite part. I've gotta get me an ugly picture to make over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try that sometime. Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a t-shirt, and a bumper sticker, that say "blessed." in that exact font. So I think I need this as well!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)