Friday, February 18, 2011

this is so good.

i have been obsessed with making smoothies lately.
they are so, so good.

i love that you can throw stuff in, willy-nilly and it always tastes good.
i've made one every day this week.
all the boys love them too.
you should try it.
get your vitamins, yo.

i made this one this morning.
*greek yogurt
*fresh pineapple {yum!!!}
*a little bit o' wheat germ
*fresh baby spinach {i swear you don't taste it once it's all blended}
*frozen berries...strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, & blackberries
*banana
*ice, if you want
*a little bit of milk

i also like to add grapes & strawberries with the stems on and sometimes juice instead of milk.

it's nice to have a helper with no pants on.
sawyer wants to be on the counter when i am doing anything in the kitchen.
he needs a front row seat.
yummmmmm.
okay, i think i'm going to go downstairs and make another one right now.
such a yummy treat that you can feel good about drinking!

in the effort of full disclosure. . .
directly after this picture, i handed sawyer his cup of smoothie.
he was being a stinker and set it away from him on the counter with a grunt.
i said, "that's fine, you don't have to drink it. "
then he tried to grab it to show me who was in charge and in the process knocked both our smoothies onto the ground in one huge crash.
smoothie went everywhere.
all down my pants, covered my slippers, the rug, pretty much every cabinet.
i huffed and puffed and made a big scene of cleaning it all up and generally acted like a 2 year old myself.
it was not awesome.

sigh....
and that's the reality.

thankfully i said i was sorry and had my attitude adjusted by by the time sawyer spilled a second cup of smoothie and dumped his entire bowl of cereal on the ground. Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Well good for you for admitting your tantrum after the spills, but I have to say, I would have done the same. I hate when something happens that makes more work. Never mind when you waste something as tasty as I'm sure that smoothie was. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh girlfriend i am a smoothie fanatic too. here's my favorites: strawberries, banana, kiwi, vanilla frozen yogurt and a splash of cranberry juice. i also like to buy odwalla juices and mix them with gingerale. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara you need to look at my blog and start commenting

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are smoothie nuts around here, too! I'm not one for measuring, but our two faves are:

    vanilla yogurt
    orange juice
    frozen berries (then you don't need ice!)
    honey
    wheat germ (I put this in everything!)

    and, if you want to be "bad"...

    one banana
    some milk
    a few ice cubes
    two spoonfuls of peanut butter
    honey
    I die! This one is soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O I am so happy for you :) #4 on the way!! So excited for this new GIFT for your family>>>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man does that spilling episode sound familiar! It's hard to keep your calm every time something like that happens, especially when you have a limited amount of energy & have a huge list of places where you could expend that energy. Anyways, I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sara...I really enjoy reading your blog. Just wanted to say hi and say thanks for great ideas and inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so real, I love that.

    And I love smoothies.

    I add a handful of spinach too, and the kids never even notice. I've been adding some chia seeds for the nutritional punch and they blend up just great.

    That Sawyer is such a cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the spinach idea! Never thought of that. We just made one and it was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so good... does the greek yogart give a tangy taste at all???

    ReplyDelete
  11. it tastes like any other plain yogurt i've had...which i personally like...but you can't taste it at all once it's blended in. :) hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)