Tuesday, February 15, 2011

the day of luuuvvvv

i love valentines day.
i love all the red and hearts and well....love.
i love holidays in general.
a chance to make memories with my boys.
and holidays always involve dessert.
what's not to love?

aj's sweet mom sent us the supplies to make valentiney cupcakes.
perfect. 
my boys love to cook with me.
i know you're jealous of my muffin tins.
aj did the heavy duty whisking part.
i couldn't be bothered to fool with the mixer when i've got him around. 
the frosting happened the next day...while sawyer was napping.
homemade frosting, of course. 
it's so easy and worth the extra effort for sure.
we always start our valentines morning with fun valentiney treats. 
i love seeing my boys faces and hearing their exclamations when i do something special like that for them. 
does this mama's heart good.

my boys surprised me with a very special bouquet.
they each picked the flower they wanted to get me. 
i love it because i can see each of their personalities in their choice. 
and it also makes me smile because sawyer really didn't want to give me his.
he cried and said "my fowler, my fowler...."
eventually he got it and today he has been saying "mama's fowlers?" :)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the thoughtfulness of each of them choosing their own flower for you...now I want to know how their personalities are reflected in the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! Looks like you guys had fun.
    : ) I love Valentines too! I so enjoyed this week with my girls.

    It did my heart good to see you today! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the family time you spend! Making memories, for sure! Love you

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)