Tuesday, April 9, 2013

my thoughts on craig's list.

so....craig's list and i are bff's lately.
this move has made us super tight.

i have been buying and selling like a mad woman lately.
i sell stuff so that i have money to buy stuff.
it is awesome.

 every night when aj and i are sitting in bed doing super spiritual stuff like watching parks and rec on the laptop, i am at the same time scrolling craig's list on my phone.
i am stalking my own items to make sure they sell and also scrolling through to see what awesomeness i can buy for our new house.

is it just me or has the spam gotten outta control lately??
good gravy. give it a rest.

i've gotten some amazing gems like this one:


"wat size are dresses n skirts"

yep. that was the entire email.
not sure if that was spam or just the downfall of the education system in america.

i usually get 2 or 3 phishing for my email with really clever emails like: 

"Cry me a river if u are fake and if u are not a fake I am sorry just reply back to my real email"
ummm...yeah right. 
sometimes they have rude expletives just to try to get a response and usually at least one word spelled wrong. 
pass.

also sometimes you find some amazing posts like this one:

"i have a awesome shirt it is yellow ans has no stains brand new and it say on the back on the top "rebel spirit" and it has alot more things done to it to make it look awesome you will have to see it to understand me!! so if you call i will send pictures it is a medium and the brand is "rebel spirit"

yep. and they are asking $25. 
sounds about right.

i am more than willing to put up with these shenanigans to find great pieces and make some money to buy said pieces. 

in fact last week, i found this awesome antique, chippy bookshelf with original casters from a girl in our same neighborhood.





so the moral of my story is this: 

get the craig's list app.
wander around your house or garage and take pics with your phone of stuff you're tired of or don't need.
list it in about 3 minutes flat.
make some dollas.  
find some gems.
steer clear of the spammers....i.e. any email that doesn't say the item in the email or just generally sounds weird. 
reap the rewards.
the end. 

God speed.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your find. I am terrified of Craigslist. My dad LOVES it. The mister can even navigate it. I need moral support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE buying & selling on CL - although I usually make my husband actually deal with the people when they come :). I shop almost exclusively for furniture from CL now! Your shelf is adorable, and styled so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)