Thursday, April 18, 2013

thrift store thursday

welp. good news, bad news.

bad news....the thrifting today was el lamo.
i didn't find anything.
such a sadness.

also, i went out yard saling, by myself, last saturday morning and the plan was to meet up with my fam at the soccer games with a car full of awesome loot.
notsomuch.

i hit a bunch of little, lamo yard sales and then finally got to a neighborhood sale.
i found a frame for $1, a big bulletin board for 50 cents and a lava lamp that avery had been wanting and gave me his own money for.

so not a great haul...but at least it wasn't a total loss.

then i was getting back in my car to find more sales and the car wouldn't start. at all.
sooo....i had to call aj, who had to rush the kids and soccer uniforms out the door to come to me....try to jump the car for 30 minutes unsuccessfully.
finally we left the car and went to soccer, dropped fin off at a birthday party, found another mom to bring him home, went to walmart for a battery and tools to change said battery and back to the car.
at this point aj got the privilege of fighting with the old rusted-in-place battery for 30 minutes in the pouring rain.
goooood times.

okay on to the good news.

the good news is this beautiful, perfectly chippy, yellow with turquoise peeking through, vintage metal rocker that i picked up on tuesday for . . . .  $4.99!!


yay. that's my kind of happy. :)

just the little bit of sunshine my front porch needed.

okay, your turn...have y'all found any thing fun this week?



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. That chair could turn a bad day around. Looove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy porch! I went to 4 thrift stores today and didn't buy one thing! Come on people, get rid of your good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)