Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bono Did it Better

I need to get this off my chest. So, I was listening to the Christian radio station this afternoon and this is what I hear: "Coming up next is Chris Tomlin with Where the Streets Have No Name." What? Why?? Please tell me you're joking. I proceeded to listen to it b/c I just had to ...kind of like a train wreck. No one needs to cover U2. . . EVER. There are some great Christian artists out there. But, it is a huge pet peeve of mine when country or Christian artists cover other artists' songs. It always sounds ridiculous and you just wish you could hear the real artist singing it. That's all, I feel better now. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. This truly disappoints me because I love Chris Tomlin! He needs to stick to his regular stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly agree with you. Talk about big shoes to fill!!! Why do they even try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU. I am in complete and total agreement. It's just ridiculous, I tell you, ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it ain't right.... it ain't Christian, and it ain't right.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)