Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun Things

Last Saturday we were able to attend a fundraising gala for Avery's school. It was a really fun date before the baby comes (in 2 1/2 days by the by). It was fun to dress up even though I was considerably more uncomfortable than I would normally be in my sassy boots. They had a silent auction. There were a lot of great items up for bid...most of which we could not afford. However, Avery had been telling me about this canvas they made in Art class and he really wanted me to get. I just told him, "we'll see" because I wasn't sure how much it would cost and if it would be something we'd have a place for. He said it had handprints of all the students in his art class, but I didn't imagine that it would look this cool. I love it! When I saw it, I really wanted it. I love the saying (from an Audio Adrenaline song) that his teacher painted on it. That pretty much sold it for me. :) You can't see it in the picture, but each handprint has the student's name written in small black letters. Avery's is the red hand right under "be your." The next morning when I showed Avery what we got, he started jumping up and down & screaming. He was so excited. That made it even more worth it. It was neat to talk about what the words on it meant. I pray that these words will sink into his little heart and take root.
2nd fun thing . . . I made this blanket last night for our 3rd sweet boy. I decided I needed a nice warm fleece blanket to put over the car seat or stroller. I wanted one to match his coming home from the hospital outfit....because that's just the way I am. I had made a couple of these before for baby gifts. It's a super easy, no sew blanket and I think it turned out pretty cute. I wanted to do a little embellishing so there was little bit of hand sewing, but altogether a really simple project.
I am getting antsy pantsy for this little one to arrive. I am counting down the hours practically. I am really trying not to wish the days away but it's hard. I am trying to just enjoy quality time with my 2 big boys and make memories. I know our life will forever be changed on Friday and will also get significantly more difficult. It's just a strange feeling knowing that I will hold that sweet boy so soon. It's really hard to think of anything else. This week is passing slowly! I appreciate any prayers you want to send my way! Pin It

6 comments:

  1. ooooh!!! So excited for you.....what a precious time in ya'll's lives!! =) We love you guys and are praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting as well, very simple but still very creative too! Big props to the blanket, my hubby would like me to make one of those for him.. B T W good luck on Friday.
    ~Simona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - I think I'm feeling a little anxious for your little one to arrive too! :) I've been checking your blog more than daily hoping for little tidbits about how things are going for you guys! :) I'll keep praying for safety and patience for you as you wait!! Love the new painting and your nursery is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Love the nursery, blanket and painting! I'll be praying for you and the little one on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for another precious "Sawyer" to grace the earth with his presence!!! Oh, and by the way I'm really really jealous...for many reasons:
    1. that you can still wear "sassy" boots when you are 40 weeks pregnant (even my calves are swollen by that point!)
    2. that you got that amazing painting from the boys' school
    3. BUT MOSTLY....that Avery actually told you about something he did at school!!!! I have to DRAG. OUT. EVERY. WORD. FROM. SAWYER'S. MOUTH. "How was your day?"---"Good" "Did you do anything fun today"---"yes" "Do you want to tell me about it?" "I don't remember." We'll be praying for your delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I cannot even tell you how muh time I just spent reading like your last 5 posts. I have so many comments I don't know where to start!

    I love the painting and love that you bought it for Avery.

    I LOVE the baby's nursery!! I can't believe you revealed the name and didn't tell me! I love Sawyer! I'm assuming since there's an "S" on the nursery wall and it says Welcome Baby Sawyer on the cake... :)

    You look beautiful in those maternity pictures.

    The shower looks like so much fun and seems to have such beautiful touches.

    I love the painting that Avery's teacher did; did she also do the 3 canvases above the crib?

    I've been thinking about you all day and will again tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)