Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Knight and a Dragon

The boys have been looking forward to the "fall festival" for a month. Yesterday it finally came. The boys and I stayed home all day. It was a long day for them, waiting for it to be time for the fall festival, but we did some fun activities like roasting pumpkin seeds and making pumpkin muffins. When it was finally time to dress up, they were thrilled! It seems like we have been talking about these costumes forever. If you know me, you know I would love to have the whole family dress up with a theme, but the boys have ideas of their own these days. Actually this year it randomly worked out for them. Avery wanted to be a knight and Finley wanted to be a dragon. It was really mom and dad who didn't fit into the theme. Oh well! AJ's work has a costume contest. Just for the sake of winning a monetary prize, he went along with it. He wanted an easy costume. He came up with the idea of Clark Kent and he actually won 2nd prize...woo hoo! I guess I have lost my mind completely these days. I decided to dress up as well. My doctor has randomly been telling me the past few appointments that I should paint my belly for halloween. I just laughed and said, "that's not really me." And it's not. But, again, pregnancy has taken over my brain and inhibitions. It was a really last minute idea and I'm sure my family will be appalled! :)

So here is my sweet little dragon....

A knight and dragon hug. so sweet. :)
Clark Kent...so silly.
Our friends, the Kennedy's came by so the kids could show each other their costumes and take pictures...
Roar!!
Our brave knight!

Carrying my own basketball...

The boys were SO excited to carve the pumpkin we got at the pumpkin patch. Hopefully I'll post pictures of our carving excitement soon. We've been talking about how we are like a pumpkin and God puts a light in us to shine in the darkness.
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! I love the belly painted as a basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute! and so are the knight and dragon...and i guess clark kent b/c he has to be included. good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, your basketball idea is adorable--it really looks like you are about to dribble down the court:-) Avery and Finley are cute, too! I'm glad you had a good Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your costume is the best... Maybe I am out of the loop a little with pregnancy stuff, but I think that is dang creative! Love it.... and it helps that you have the cutest little preggo stomach ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the funniest thing I've ever seen. Okay, maybe not THE funniest, but really really close! I guess the funniest thing would have been if you actually went into labor and had to go to the hospital like that!!! The nurses would say, "oh,no, it's a "fast break" and then when the baby was born the Dr. would try to spin him on one finger. . .anyway, you guys are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving that belly shot!
    Hope you had a fun night!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the painted belly! I LOL when I saw that picture. You are too cute. The boys look adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are all so cute and I love your costume! There's no way anyone could be appalled by that...too fun! Clark Kent's great too. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the basketball belly! That's the best! You're just so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. THE BELLY PICTURE IS THE BEST IDEA EVER! I'm totally to try to be pregnant next Halloween so I can paint my belly! Beautiful boys as well, and AJ is a smokin' Clark Kent. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)