Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Last week we carved our pumpkin. Avery had been really excited about putting a face on our pumpkin ever since they read The Pumpkin Patch Parable at school. First, I cut the top off the pumpkin and then the boys and I (well, mostly Avery and I) pulled all the insides out. I love the way the inside of a pumpkin smells. I also love the way all the gunk inside feels on my hands. I really enjoy pulling out all that slimy mess of seeds. Avery really enjoyed it as well. Finley wasn't so sure about getting his hands yucky. He is not a fan of his hands getting wet, let alone gunky.
Which pumpkin is bigger??
Avery had a very specefic idea of how he wanted the pumpkin's face to look. He drew a picture so AJ would know just how to cut it. :)


Avery was enthralled with the process....
Look at Avery's little hand on AJ's. So sweet.
The finished product. The boys couldn't wait for it to get dark so they could see it glow.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love that Avery drew a picture of how it should look. That's so Avery...I love it! He really is a great artist. I am so impressed with his drawings!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)