Friday, February 26, 2010

how i clothe 3 boys

that is one stack of many.
i have been a busy little bee this week.
i'm getting ready for Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Sale next week.
my dear friend Ashley owns our local sale and i have been one of her managers for the past few years.
Ashley's sister is Rhea Lana.
i love working at the sale.  they have it twice a year and it's so fun to do something out of my normal routine.
my very favoritest thing is to check people out and scan the barcodes.
i think it fulfills my childhood dream of being wal-mart checker. :)
i also love the sale b/c i basically clothe my children for free.
i usually break even or make more money in selling the clothes they've grown out of than i spend.
love. that.
i am so fine with my children wearing "like new" clothes.
they're boys, they ruin 82% of their clothes anyway.
whatever money i have leftover that i don't spend at the sale, i save for whatever comes up, like easter outfits or shoes, etc.
you should really look at the website b/c there are Rhea Lana's franchises all over the country.
so i'm busy this week hanging, tagging, & pricing all my stuff.
it's takes some time but it's sooooooo worth it! 
anyhow hopefully in a little over a week i'll have a big fat check to reward me for all my effort. 
and by effort i mean watching american idol on the computer while i stuff my face with cookies and price clothes at the same time. 

happy friday everyone! have a great weekend. :) Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that I am not the only one with a childhood (and adult!) dream of being a checker at Walmart....hearing you say how fun it is checking people out and scanning the barcode on the clothes made me giggle because I would be the exact same way!! Have loads of fun selling, buying, and scanning :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am all ready for RL myself. The last two sales I was able to break even w/my profits from RL and my bill for the stuff'n'save sale at Old Navy so I call it GOOD! Maybe I'll see you there, I think I'll come check in my stuff Tuesday sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)