Friday, September 9, 2011

instafriday

hey there.... hip, hip horray, it's friday.
which means it's time for my weekly roundup o' cell phone pics. . . i.e.: instafriday .
you should join the instafun over at life rearranged. all the cool kids are doing it.
:)

life rearranged

last weekend all of aj's family came here.
his dad, {his mom was already here}, his two sisters and their families.
it was crazy and fun.
we always have a blast with them.

our brother-in-law chris, showed up with a sweet stache.



i hope he keeps it forever. it is awesome.

it was beautiful on saturday.
ruby and i hung out in the shade while everyone swam.
it was good for us to get out and breathe some fresh air after spending over a week inside. 


how adorable does she look in her little sun suit?! :)

my husband is a very frugal guy....he grew up mennonite if that tells you anything.
he rarely spends money on himself and usually i have to make him.
he works at a bank and keeps a close eye on our finances.
but i am his weakness, i tell you.
we were walking by the candles in target on monday and i said something like, oh those smell so good. he looked over and said, "get one." :)
he just makes me so happy, that guy.
he spoils me rotten all the time.


i have been burning it every day.
i usually have a candle burning pretty much all of fall and winter.
it's cooled down here after our heat wave summer.
my windows are open all day and that combined with this fally smelling candle is just pure happy.


so little ruby girl is a little sleepy head.
a cutie cutie pumkin pie sleepy head.
when she's out, she's out.  she's cuddly and warm and i love to just sit and hold her sleepy self.
i did that all week last week.
this week has been my first week on my own, without family help.
it's actually gone really well.
you'd think with my two big boys at school every day i'd have all this free time.
nope.
a 2 year old and 2 week old will give you a run for your money.
it took me until 11:00 today to get a shower and get the 3 of us dressed.
we definitley haven't figured out our new "normal" yet.
i'm trying to just slow down, relax and be okay with things taking a lot longer.
i want to be in the moment with these sweet kids and lower my standards of what needs to get done.


see our little moxie dog in that picture?  ^
she got hit and killed by a car this week.  :(
so, so sad.  especially for my boys who had grown so attached to her in the few short weeks that she'd been here.
she was such a good, sweet dog, so this has been pretty tough.
but the boys are troopers and we've had many good conversations about Jesus and Heaven and pain and suffering.

sawyer started mother's day out yesterday.
he was so. ready.
he'd been talking about his school for weeks.



he was pumped to wear his backpack and carry his lunch box.

okay now, guess what i'm gonna make if i ever get a moment to myself again slash ever have the brain power to concentrate on anything again?



does anyone else find it strange that vanna has a line of yarn??

okay peeps, if you made it this far, 1000 points to you.
happy weekend, friends! Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from Life Rearranged InstaFriday! What a wonderful post. Your little Ruby is precious and love that you are the weakness of your hubby:) Especially when it comes to pumpkin candles..the best smelling things on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that news about your dog is really sad. We haven't had internet in over month, did I miss the news that you got one?

    That little Ruby is one precious little girl! And that sunsuit? I have no words for that sweet little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm a yarn girl, I am curious what you're doing with that skein. I need a fall wreath - I guess I should look through the 20 I have bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha! i bet you have extra yarn lying around that you could whip up a wreath in a hurry. search "yarn wreath" on pinterest and i bet you will know what i'm doing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara, so very happy for you on the arrival of your sweet little Ruby!! How exciting! She is such a beauty and I know you will enjoy watching her grow so much. Congratulations and best wishes to you and your family.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, for real, what is this MOthers Day out you speak of and where can I get one? I needed it like... yesterday... and the day before.... and the day before that....

    I'm so sorry about your dog :( That is so sad for your boys. I'm so glad they have that sweet childlike faith that gives them hope and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by via Insta-Friday (Life Rearranged).

    What a wonderful post. Hope you're enjoying these precious moments with your new wee one - they do go by so fast...and I promise there will be a "new normal" that will arise as the weeks go on.

    Although I must admit....I have days where my 3 and 1 year old are in their pj's all.day.long. From one mama to another - give yourself lots of grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet picture of sleeping ruby. she is precious....
    so so sorry about your dog.:(

    enjoy your week.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ummm... that is the cutest pic of Sawyer ever. : ) I love "first day of..." pictures. Hope he had fun at preschool!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)