Wednesday, September 14, 2011

today.


i love this little three week old girly.
people ask me how i'm doing.
i'm doing pretty good.
i'm tired, obviously.
sometimes ruby is a super easy baby.....she sleeps super hard and nothing disturbs her.
other times.... she gets pretty fussy and can't fall asleep or stay alseep and i can't figure out what to do to help her.
we're just figuring each other out i guess.
some of my favorite times with her, even though i'm not getting good sleep, are in the middle of the night, when she's snuggled up close, sleeping beside me.
she's so warm and cuddly.
i love it.

i still feel like i'm in a bit of a fog as far as juggling life.
and i'm not even having to cook yet.
our wonderful community of friends and family and church are providing meals for us.
that is huge.
i feel like i'm not accomplishing much of anything in a day and that's hard for me.
i'm trying to let stuff go and do what's most important..... and give myself a break.
i know that it's more important for me to stop and look in sawyer's eyes and play a game with him, than it is to have clean sheets on the beds or every toy picked up.
it's definitely an adjustment to go back to the baby stage . . . a slowing down of my pace.
but it's good. so, so good.


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sara,

    Enjoy your time because what we all know is that this time is precious and they are never little again. Love the updated picture of Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)