Tuesday, September 6, 2011

nursery {and life} update

hi y'all.

thank you all for your sweet comments, well wishes, and prayers for us the last couple of weeks.
they mean so much.
i have sure seen God's faithfulness and care for me lately.
and i fully believe that things have gone so well because so many people have been praying for us.
so thank you....so, so much.



i want to show you a beautiful addition to ruby's nursery.
my dear friend, ashley painted this gorgeous canvas for her.


i. love. it.
it is perfect.
this verse is very special to me because my daddy wrote this verse for me in my Bible years ago.
i have always held onto this verse and found it to be so very true.
God has overwhelmed me with the desires of my heart . .  . over and over again.
a huge part of this verse is delighting in the Lord simply because of who He is.
He wants us to enjoy Him and be with Him.
we don't always receive our desires, but it sure is wonderful when we do.
ruby is one of the desires of my heart and i want her to spend her life fully delighting in her Savior.
i want her to taste and see that the Lord is good {psalm 34:8}.


ashley is so talented.... these pictures don't do the canvas justice.
i love the colors.
i love the hint of florals. 
i love the gold details.


ashley brought it to the hospital and we had it up in our room while we were there.
so many nurses commented on it and what a great verse it was. :)

ashley paints custom canvases and other adorable items...you should check out her shop. :)


and now to leave you with a photo that i looooove of ruby and her daddy.
she is just a week old in this photo.


 i love how little she looks in his big, strong hands.

this is how she keeps her feet all the time...tucked up under her and usually crossed at the ankles.
she had her ankles crossed on the ultrasound so it's amazing to think of her all tucked inside me like that.
she's such a little lady. :) Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful painting and I love the photo of Ruby with her daddy, maybe that one should be on the wall too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful picture of your husband and daughter. enjoy these moments!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Sara...just got on your blog to check on you guys and see some new pictures of Ruby and found this post. You are so sweet. : )
    I am beyond thrilled that you liked it. You are precious to me (surely you know that).

    Love you- Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations, what a wonderful time:))I pray your recovery goes well and your patients stay patient for you to heal. May God continue to bless your sweet family

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)