Tuesday, September 13, 2011

a wreath for fall.


i love a good wreath.
in the wee hours of the morning when i am up nursing a newborn, i scroll through pinterest on my phone.
it keeps me sane, y'all.
i got total midnight inspiration to bring some fall color into our home with a new wreath.



if you go to pinterest {you can click my P link up there >>>>} and search for yarn wreath & felt flowers, you can find a bunch o' tutorials. 

basically, the jist of it is, you wrap and wrap and wrap yarn around a wreath form...no gluing on that part.
then you make yourself some flowers and hot glue them on.
i picked up a 14" straw wreath, mustard yellow yarn and a few sheets of felt from joann's to make mine.
fyi: if you use a straw wreath {which i recommend} don't take the plastic off....just wrap the yarn right around the wreath form as is.

we have this little area in the back of our living room that has the boys' shoe bin in front of an old door {that used to be in sawyer's nursery}.
the door needed something.




it's just a happy little pop of color over here. love it.


see? pinterest is good for something.
that's for all you naysayers out there. ;)
it's time to get on the pinterest bandwagon, people.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. cute cute cute!
    Give sweet baby a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you picked Sara--great job. I love pinterest--I made some felt flower pins last week--first time I have done something crafty since having Will a year ago:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great wreath. but here's the problem with pinterest: I go on to look at one thing, then enter a time vortex. also, I am convinced that I, too, can craft and waste all sorts of money making something obviously made by a five year old. (I turn into a five year old when touching a glue gun.) lastly, I keep going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? You found a pinterest naysayer? I didn't know they existed. Pinterest is easily the best invention since the apple-peeler-corer-slicer. I don't let myself browse on there very often, but I *love* it for saving ideas I find when I'm online.

    Cute wreath and that door in the living room is the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i heart pinterest and saw that wreath as well. love it.
    congrats on baby ruby - she is precious. it's been awhile since i have visited.
    going to check out your pinterst now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. I made yarn wreaths for summer and wanted to pull my hair out from the boredom of wrapping the yarn. But the end result is so worth it... Now I want fall ones, but I have two front doors. Help!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)