Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day o' Indpendence

This is our last week of summer break. I am sad. I don't love change. I love summer. I love hot weather. Looking through all the pictures from this summer is bitter sweet. I am reminded of all the fun we've had.
I realized that I forgot to post about our wonderful day we had on 4th of July.
Our dear friends, Tyler & Kelly were here visiting from Ukraine. They wanted to do lots of "American" things while they were here.
In the morning we went to a Fourth of July parade.
Very fun.
Very small town.
The kids were so excited.
(Ignore that little girl in the background who looks like she hates the world.)
They were so adorable watching for the parade to start. Tyler and Kelly have 3 kids, Hannah (avery's age/soul mate), Joshua, & Caleb.
We waved and cheered for every car, float or horse that passed. so fun!
Sawyer just mostly chewed on things.

Avery loved the band. You want to know something weird? Of course you do. The band had these random adults walking around w/ spray bottles spraying them in the back of the head & on the ankles. It wasn't that hot, it was overcast. They never knew when someone was gonna walk up behind them and spray them on the back of the neck. weird.


After the parade we went to Nick & Emily's house. They were hosting a gathering in honor of Tyler & Kelly. We had a great day of eating, playing, & catching up. Nick made beer brats---serious yum. The kids all played so hard all day.
They got special 4th of July popsicles.
That night we did fireworks.
Who doesn't love a sparkler?

The dads set off bigger fireworks in the street for the kids to watch. I'm sure the neighbors really appreciated it.
We laid the kids down in the living room for a movie so that we could play a game & have grown up talk.
Ummm, yeah, that's Avery and Hannah. They're already betrothed. They are so innocent & sweet. Melt my heart.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. oh so precious!!! What fun memories! We love you guys!! Thanks for sharing the post!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)