Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the shindig

The last part of our vacation was spent in Iowa w/ AJ's fam. His sister Tonya, her husband Dana, & their boys, Drew & Coen all live there.
We were excited to see their awesome, old house that they are completely renovating.
It's dreamy, right? And it has a ginormous back yard. Like, really huge.....with what we'd call in the south, a hollow (pronounced holler :).
It has awesome features like this:
and this:
They have worked so hard on their house. We're proud.
We always have a great time together.
There are 5 grandsons...3 of which were gonna take Grandpa down.

We ate lots of yummy food.
Stayed in a really fun lodge-style hotel w/ a super yummy breakfast (I heart continental breakfasts).
Went to Des Moines' Farmer's Market. Whew, that was overwhelming! It was huge and there were like a gazillion people there.

The boys got to have a special treat --"smoovies." :)
We had a fun picnic in the park and afterward AJ's mom treated us girls to pedicures. yay. :)
This just makes me smile....until I look at the bottom of the picture and see someone's nasty socks laying on the ground. Who wears socks in July?
We took a fun walk around a lake (don't ask me which one). Lots of good (sometimes heated :) conversations.
I am blessed with amazing in-laws who love me like their own.
I love you guys.
Three fist pounds to the chest. Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Obviously, someone else was questioning why they were wearing socks in July, too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be Grays Lake you were walking around:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that house!
    Glad ya'll had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that house! You know I love old houses : ).

    Have I mentioned how much I love the way you write (all your little add ins)-ex.-"three fist pumps". : ) You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)