Wednesday, November 17, 2010

adoption.

Galatians 4:4-7
But when the completion of the time came, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of HIs Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba, Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
 
God is the author of adoption.
He adopted us into His family.
made us His children.
He says that i am His daughter.
He bought me back from the snake and gave me a new life.

Jesus' redemption work on the cross was/is adoption....
giving us a new bloodline.

and it is our joy to give a child a new bloodline.
a new name and a new identity.
as our child.
our beloved.
a child who was intended, before time began, to be a part of this family.
just as Jesus has done for us.

she is our daughter.
she always has been.

God is weaving this story together in His timing.

and i can't wait to tell it. Pin It

8 comments:

  1. So it will be a girl? : )
    We need to catch up on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said sister. Can't wait to hear the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My turn to be proud of you and your hubs too again. I can't tell you how thrilled I was when I saw your face over at my little corner of the internets. And did you read my reply to your comment - please do. A billion plus one thank yous.

    And an adopted child, a child by choice rather than by nature - that's what we are. You get to live this out! That's stunningly wonderful.

    It's good to be in the queen's audience - my heart gets filled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! We have one adopted son and feel like it's time for another. It's been fun reading about your heart for adoption and the process you're going through. We'll be lifting you all up as we lift up our future son or daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well said, Sara. This really gives a window to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That's all I have to say right now, but I cannot wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)