Monday, November 15, 2010

the yard sale.....

it was wonderful.
we didn't know what to expect for having a yard sale in the middle of november.
on a pretty chilly morning.

but it went so great.
we had many many friends bless us in so many ways.
we had friends donate items to our sale,  help us price, pray for us, etc.
it was so encouraging to see how many emails & texts i had on saturday with friends saying they were praying.
i'm so blessed with great friends.


we had tons of shoppers.
we advertized for the sale to start at 8.
we opened our garage at 7:15 and there were no cars.
about 5 minutes later a swarm of cars just seemed to rush up and all these people were pouring into our yard.
i wish i had gotten a picture of it.
but mostly i was in a mad dash to get everything out on our driveway.

i got to talk to several people about adoption, so that was fun.

i kind of thought that since we advertized that all of the proceeds were going towards our adoption, people wouldn't be bargaining.
i thought wrong.
it seemed almost every person asked to pay less for items.
and i'm bad at saying no.
but a few people paid over because of the adoption, so that was sweet.

it was a long day but so worth it.
later that afternoon, after we'd packed everything up, aj had the idea to take the boys bowling.
we wanted to do something fun with them since we hadn't been able to pay much attention to them the past couple of days.
there was a tad too much screen time going on around here.
the boys were so excited.
and it was nice to have some time to just focus on the boys and do something fun as a family.

that night after the boys went to bed, we excitedly counted up our earnings.
we were pleasantly surprised & beaming and just so thankful for the Lord's provision.

AJ opened a special savings account today, the adoption account.
just one more step in our exciting journey. . .






******************************************************************************************
don't forget, if you're local, sign up for the nwa boutique show girl's night giveway below! Pin It

4 comments:

  1. really happy that went well.

    I heart your mom-ness

    and your hubby too - well I don't heart him - I - well - I fist bump him - maybe a man hug - but no hearting goin' on- it's a guy thing - anyway you guys, both of you - with three tiny challenges with feet and runny noses - opening up your heart to more - awesome.

    Inspired

    And for the first time today I get to leave a URL in the URL box. I'm a blogger now - I started with one - but adopted another :) - two of them - and I don't even get how to make one work right - me of too little faith and too tiny tech brain.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad for you. Don't people feel tacky to bargain down an adoption yardsale?! I mean really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad everything went well! My husband better not have tried to bargain. ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!

    I'm with you on the saying no part....we usually had a yard sale anytime we got ready to move and I would just end up saying "Take it" so people would stop arguing with me over a 50 cent item ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)