Wednesday, November 3, 2010

to make up for my lack of pictures lately . . .

well i'm glad halloween is over
you know it's not my favorite holiday.
but we make it fun for the boys so it is what it is.
i just try to not make a big deal about it either way.
but my boys do love to dress up.
they always have.
as long as i can remember they have dug around in their dress up box every single day.
it is normal life around here for them to come out of their room with some crazy outfit on.

i love it when i see a cute family with a whole theme going on with their costumes.
a lot of my friends did that and it was adorable.
we used to do that.
we may do it again someday.
but for right now, we do the, go-look-in-your-dress-up-box-and-see-what-you-can-come-up-with plan.
they are super happy about it & they don't complain for a minute.
so our night is pretty fun and stress-free, even if we do look a little jankity & hodge-podge. :)

this year we randomly had 3 events to dress up for.
the first was a fall festival at the church where sawyer goes to mother's day out.

 
for this event avery was an alien (can't you tell???), fin was a knight & sawyer was the cutest little puffy dragon you ever did see. 
and oh my, that little boy loved. the. candy.

the next event was a trunk or treat at a local church. 
the boys dressed as bankers. 
angry bankers, apparently.
 shaking hands like men. :)
 and here is my friend stacy who does nothing half way.
she always has her whole family in the cutest theme.
love it.
 we have sooooo much candy.
i figured i might as well start now with the indulging and go straight on through to new year's.
 sawyer got the idea very quickly.

  and finally on sunday night we let the boys walk around our neighborhood to trick or treat a little bit.
they were pumped.
 spiderman who wears spiderman slippers . . .
and a clone.
 sawyer was so adorable all cozied up in the wagon, ready to go.
i wonder if he now thinks that anytime he wears that costume, he gets candy handed to him..... 
it worked out 3 times for him.






 sawyer was crazy-cute in that little dinosaur outfit.
every house oooohed and aaaahed over him.
you could just eat him up.

kids make life so fun. :)

[no i did not color boost  that last photo, their grass really is that awesomly green.]  Pin It

6 comments:

  1. It's so much fun to see them trick-or-treat for the first time. The light bulb goes on and they can't believe they're actually getting all of that candy! I thought of you guys this year b/c we trick-or-treated together in Harber a couple of years ago. We also did three events.... the Fayetteville Square, the mall, and Harber again. The first two were LAME. Tiny tootsie rolls galore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer was ADORABLE in that and I LOVE the angry bankers. ha!!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Every darn time I read your words I smile. Smiles are priceless. Ergo your blog is priceless.

    I do so admire a mom who seems to be doing it the right way. Not perfect I'm sure - like living the Christian life - but as I aim to have a heart towards God, and sure I mess up along the way, you obviously have a heart toward being mom for your kids and bride for your husband and - also - a heart toward God. I heart that - and your writing.

    ...and that is a hideous shade of green isn't it? :)

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bankers outfits. That is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sara,
    I love you and your family tons. That's all.
    Love,
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! I'm not into Halloween either, but decided at the last minute to let our 3-year old daughter dress up for my parents' "Proctor Treats" shindig. So the day before I went to a used children's clothing store and got two pumpkin outfits, for our 6 month old (boy) and our three-year old. They were 1/2 of course so I paid $2 a piece for their costumes! I like that! And Sophia loved it, and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)