Wednesday, April 20, 2011

crafting with courtney, the loo & a giant belly.

last week, my girl courtney, came over for some girl time.
she ate dinner with us and then we got down to business making some crafts.

we started out making cards.
after looking through my big pile of {extremely neglected} scrapbook paper, i had another idea.

i grabbed a couple of frames from my stash & we went outside to give them a quick coat of black spray paint.

when they dried, we cut our chosen scrapbook paper to size, added a word with scrapbook stickers, & popped them into the frame.
it took courtney about 2.5 seconds to pick the paper she wanted.

a quick & easy craft that makes me smile.

i added a strip of ribbon & hung mine in our downstairs bath.

oh, you want to see more of our downstairs bath?
well, sure.
gray walls & slate tile.
love the gray and love that the slate hides a multitude of sins.

and the other side. . .
with my pretty, new anthro towel that i picked up when we were in little rock on friday.
i l-o-v-e this towel.
it's super thick and cushy and i love the vintage look to it.

i'm hoping it will hide a multitude of sins as well because my boys don't actually get their hands clean when they wash them.

while i was taking these photos i caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.
oh my, i am worried about how big this belly is getting.
seriously.


i don't normally wear lime green....i am working at rhea lana's consignment sale this week.
i tried to pick the photo where my stomach looked the smallest.
there was none.


FIVE MONTHS, y'all!

i am for sure this is the biggest i have ever been at 5 months.
i'm a little worried about what i'm going to look like at the end.
there's another preggo girl working at rhea lana's that looks about the same size as me.
although....when i see these pictures, i think i am actually am bigger.
i asked her when she was due.


three weeks.

uh huh. yep.

i really am so happy to be pregnant and so happy to get the joy of carrying this sweet girl.
but i am nervous that by the end i'm going to look like violet beauregard...except not blue....hopefully.


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. You look adorable!

    I will say that with my last baby, I didn't gain quite as much weight as with the other 3 and I had read that probiotics can help reduce weight gain. I ended up weighing less with the last one by about 5 pounds. The only thing I can attribute this to is the probiotics, because we all know that I didn't eat any less. It's worth a shot, right?

    You really do look so cute and don't need to worry about it, but I know it really bothers me when people start making comments about how huge my stomach is. Maybe she's going to be a big baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. :)

    is there a certain kind/brand of probiotics that you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute craft! I have never been in an Anthropologie store, but I have drooled over some catalog photos in my day. And just remember, when the ONLY thing big on you is your belly, everyone goes "awwwwwwwwwww"

    It's cute, stick it out as far as it will go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, I LOVED that towel when I saw it! I thought it was vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great craft! I made something like it recently and use it as my dry erase to-do list. the markers wipe right off of glass. just an additional idea for the same concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Jaro Dophilus because that's what the nutritionist at Whole Foods recommended. When we lived in Tulsa, I bought it at Akins and always looked for a promotion (they are expensive- I think about $20 a bottle, but worth it to me.)

    I stay on them all the time because they keep things "in balance" and I once had a dr. tell me he could actually see them working through a sample he had taken. They're good for lots of things, especially keeping yeast/bad bacteria from overpopulating. I bought the kind with the yellow label in the refrigerated section. I use the shelf stable Jaro Dophilus here in France, but they're more expensive. I also sometimes break them open and pour in my kids' yogurt, especially if they've been on antibiotics. They are pricey, but I don't really know about the cheaper brands. For more info., I checked out Dr. Oz's book You, Having a Baby from the library.
    Right now there's a lot of hype about them, but I found they really do work. Of course, you can't beat the lower weight gain if it's really true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatev! You are adorable and you are only gaining in your belly! Every woman's dream. My butt would be the size of Wisconsin by now. ha!!
    I am jealous of your boobs. ha!!
    Oh, the days of having those...just a faint memory now. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)