Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a sweet morning.

 this year, easter was extra special because our two oldest boys were baptized.
 this is a very important day in their lives.
they are giving a public testimony that they love and want to follow Jesus with their whole hearts.

what made it even more precious is that their daddy was the one to baptize them.
 our children's pastor talked about each of the boys' favorite verse and then AJ asked each of them, "have you committed to follow the Lord and to serve Him and glorify Him with your life?"

they said, yes. :)


then he said, "I baptize you, my son and also my brother in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. "


it was so precious. 
such a gift to watch my husband baptize our boys.
we also have it on video. so thankful for that.

to commemorate this special event in their lives, we gave each one a nice leather Bible with their name embossed on the cover.
i look forward to those Bibles being worn out with the study of God's word.  Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your family on the baptism of your sweet boys! How amazing your husband got to be the one to do it. That is such a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO special! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! wish we could have shared that with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special day! The pictures were great. And made me teary. Praise the Lord!
    Sara, you look radiant. Really. You wear pregnancy quite well. I can't wait to see your little bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish we could have joined you all for this special day! I would have cried my eyes out! So thankful for the links in our family circle of believers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw!! that is so special! i love baptisms :] what a blessing that aj got to do it!! i love that line, "my son and also my brother"

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many times can I say, "LIKE!" :) Congratulations! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)