Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ten year annivesary trip, part 1

last week we went on a big fancy-pants trip for our 10 year anniversary.
this was big for us.
the longest we've left our kids.
the farthest we've gone together.
it was heavenly.

friday, the 6th we loaded up our 3 boys and all of our stuff & headed to kansas.
aj's parents were so kind to watch our boys for us for 6 days while we galavanted around.
that's a big job.

saturday, the 7th, aj and i got up at 3:45 am to head for the wichita airport.
adrenaline definitely kicked in . . . we were so excited!

note: you will see lots of pictures of us with aj taking the picture himself.

case in point...us on the airplane, ready to start our adventure!
i really enjoy flying...but i hadn't flown since i've had kids so that made me a little nervous.
i had to talk to Jesus a bit on those flights. ;)

ya wanna know something about me?
i always order tomato juice and pretzels on flights.
i love the combination.
i do not eat or drink either of those things at any other time.
i only like it on an airplane.

so after spending the morning in airports and flying, we arrived in miami around 12:30.
we were thrilled that both of our flights were ahead of schedule and our luggage made it perfectly....okay minus a wheel (sorry mom) but other than that. . .

we then loaded up on a bus to our cruise ship.
as soon as we got on board we went for the food. :)
that was one of my most looked forward to treats....endless food.

that's miami behind me....and an ice cream cone in hand. :)

oooh, oooh, hey there, hottie.
he didn't know i was taking that picture...i was setting up the self timer.

aj had the idea to get a room with a window...so glad he did.
we loved looking out our window every day.
this is the view from our window once we got moving.
and looky how big our room is!

we were expecting a much smaller room, so this was a fun surprise.

we did a lot of walking around and exploring the ship on that first afternoon and evening.
we also enjoyed an amazing dinner and a fun show.
it was a very long day but so, so fun!
and our trip was just beginning! Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I love this! We have always wanted to go on a cruise. Looking forward to the updates. What a fun thing to do for your 10 year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your room makes me re-think my hatred of cruises. This stems from our honeymoon, when we were 19 years old, and we found out our room was the size of a closet with two twin beds on OPPOSITE sides of the room from eachother. It was not the most romantic trip I've ever taken ;) I'm SO GLAD you guys had a better experience and that you got to do that for your tenth. We haven't really done anything since 2006, but we're trying to plan a trip for next winter because I have got to get out of this joint... just for a few days :) Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cruises! My husband and I went on one for our honeymoon, but our room was a lot smaller. It wasn't too bad though, at least the beds pushed together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are too cute!!! I love you both! I am so glad you got to do this.
    Can't wait to hear more about it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our 5 year anniversary is coming up in June and we're planning a little something, but we definitely thought about a cruise! Oh they're dreamy! We went on one with my husband's family before we got married, it was a lot of fun and really relaxing! Since we didn't take a honeymoon after we got married and we're not really trip people, I am pushing more than I usually would for some type of trip. I think as parents, we need it, just a little break to enjoy each other and reconnect. It looks like we may head down from SW MO to Tulsa for a couple days. I'm excited, but your cruise looks AWESOME, congrats on your 10 year anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, that deleted comment was mine. I noticed a typo in my comment and had to fix it! Just one of my quirks : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is *huge* for a cruise ship room!!!! And a balcony! How fun. Congrats on the anniversary and glad you had such an amazing time!! Bill and I have been talking about it, and we're like, "Hmmm...maybe this winter." :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)