Thursday, December 13, 2012

a post about christmas trees

hi y'all.
thanks so much for your sweet well wishes on monday's post. 
we are hanging in there. 
our playroom looks interesting right now. 
so let's focus on some pretty, shall we?

i thought i'd finish showing you some pictures of our decking of the halls. 
i found it really hard to get a good picture of our christmas tree. 
it looks so much more shiny and glittery and glowy in person....guess you'll just have to take my word on that. ;)


 we don't have a real spot for the tree but our tree is pretty skinny so we were able to sneak it in by the wardrobe in the living room. 

our tree is not fancy.
it's a total hodge podge of ornaments and i love it.
we have pretty ornaments that have been given to us over the years as well as all the boys' ornaments.
our tradition is to watch a christmas movie. . . this year was miracle on 34th street . . . and decorate the tree as a family. 
it's not always peaceful, but it's tradition. ;)


the boys each have a tin of their own ornaments that they've received as gifts or made in school.
i hand them each their tin and they get to decorating. 
sawyer was my main helper this year, running back and forth from me to the tree. 
after they go to sleep, i usually rearrange a little bit so they're not all on the very bottom branches. 




this year i strung rows and rows of my collected vintage tinsel garland, threw in some sparkly and berry picks and called it good.


in the kitchen i have my little tree covered in my antique ornaments.


this tree is also wrapped in vintage tinsel.
love that sparkle. :)



vintage ornaments are one of the only things i collect.
i love them so much.
they are so beautiful and shiny and make this mama happy.


we also have a little mini tree in the boys' bathroom.
it doubles as a night {and day} light.




here are a few more little nooks and crannies around the house that got some holiday cheer.....





merry christmas, y'all!
hope you are enjoying this special time of year.

praying God's peace and presence for you all today. :)


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. So festive and pretty!
    I adore your vintage ornament tree.
    I need to do that with my vintage ornaments. I always keep them put away for fear of them being broken. I like your idea better.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each child gets his/her own tin. Why did I not think of this??! Brilliant. Pretty tree, too. We don't have a decorator tree, either, and I think it's best that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing, we usually only decorate the weekend of the 16th, which is this weekend, long weekend in South Africa, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I have been meaning to put the boys' ornaments in separate containers for at least two years, and I still haven't done it. I'm not even sure which ones belong to which boy anymore. As an only child, I never had to think about that growing up. They were just all mine! Ha. I love the styling on your shelves in the last picture. I'm pinning that one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)