Friday, December 28, 2012

in a week

this week has been busy and full and christmasy and wonderful.

i plan to post some better christmas photos next week, but for now, here are my phone pics for the week . . .


we went to kansas for a few days before christmas.
oh man, we eat well in kansas.
made from scratch cinnamon rolls and pies and all manner of yumminess.
aj's mom's apricot pie is my fav-o-rite.
i pretty much ate the entire pie by myself. yum.


one day the girls {and the littlest kiddos} went to newton to do some thrifting.
the Et Cetera shops in kansas have the best thrifting ever, ever.
i bought a whole slew of goodies for the booth.
we actually went thrifting the next day as well. 
i am so thankful that my sisters-in-law love thrifting as well. 
it's so fun!



i can't decide if this vintage leather ottoman is going to the booth or staying with me.
it is so awesome, i may have to keep it for myself.



and this rad oil painting.
picture doesn't do it justice.
the frame has hints of gold.
there is all kinds of textured goodness.
the poppies are my favorite part.
that was a happy, happy find.


we also stopped in at a super yummy, little restaurant while we were shopping in downtown newton.
and yay for us, they had perfect little toys to keep the baby cousins busy.



oh my goodness i was so thankful to be relaxing.
after an insanely busy few months, i have been relishing this past week of slow, no schedule down time.
i have needed this, bad.



aj got some good cuddling time with his girl while the mama's were thrifting.


twinsies.
my fin loves to cuddle.
boy after his mama's heart.


while we were in kansas, we took time to celebrate some birthdays as well.



we drove home on christmas eve and made it back in time to go to our church's christmas eve service.
ruby needed to double-fist some cookies in order to make it through.
she was one tired little girlie.


christmas morning at home with our little family was wonderful.
so peaceful and perfect.
our boys have such sweet, happy hearts.
i am so thankful for them.


love this man.
he is my favorite.



candy necklaces for the win.



we watched it's a wonderful life and made "gingerbread" {actually graham cracker} houses while waiting for our white christmas.....that never came.
boo.
but the houses were fun so there's that.
but seriously, these boys are ready for some snow.


if we can't have real snow at least we can make snowflakes.....and fish apparently. :)
i love that my boys like to craft with me.



scary!!!


aj is taking off this whole week which is the best christmas present evereverever.
we took a drive one night to look at christmas lights.
it was a fun family time.
of course we all had to have hot drinks to keep us warm.
and i needed my slippers and cozy blanket. ;)



i love our christmas mantle and roaring fire.
i'm not ready to take it down yet.
thankfully i was informed that christmas lasts from christmas day until Jan 6 {12 days of christmas} so whew, i'm good for a bit longer.


that's our week so far.
hope you're enjoying your week with family and friends.

merry christmas and happy new year!

life rearranged


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the KU shirt!! What part of Kansas do ya'll go to? I was raised in Kansas City, KS and all my family still lives there. We are huge KU Jayhawk fans!! ROCK CHALK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! thanks! my husband is from a little town called, Inman, about an hour north of wichita. He has been a Jayhawk fan his entire life. :)

      Delete
  2. Wishing we could go thrifting a little more often. Sara, you will always be known as "quality control".

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys make me smile. Looks like it was a happy, cozy, wonderful Christmas.
    Ours was as well. Small and cozy. Next year, not so much.
    I think we might be kindred spirits. I could go thrifting every day of my life.
    My hubby probably wouldn't like it though.
    We would have way too much stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)