Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a tuesday in december

hi.
do you know it's six days until christmas?
six.
wal-mart told me that this morning.
the dang countdown clock.

i am getting really close to being ready . . . shopping wise.
not wrapping or crafting or baking or packing or cleaning wise.
so really not close at all.

also i have no idea what food i'm making for christmas.
do you?
i did pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls last year.
they were so good but i'm thinking i'm going for easy and simple this year.
i think i really need to focus on relaxing and family time and not try to do a million things.

sunday was our anniversary.
twelve years of wedded bliss.
:)


we are goobers.
aunt jill offered to babysit so we could go out on a hot date last night.


and by hot, i mean, me almost falling asleep at dinner, drinking a dr. pepper and mocha to stay awake, running around town doing some christmas shopping, and getting home by 8:45.

we are some crazay cats.

okay friends, i'm off to tackle that list. . . have a great tuesday.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Did anyone else get sick? Been thinking about and praying for you today...I hate stomach viruses! And I wanted to encourage you the other day, but I was too busy to sit down and commiserate (ironically!). Motherhood is a tremendous blessing, but oh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you SO. MUCH. dana!! no one else got sick!! i so appreciate your prayers. What a gift and a blessing. so thankful Jesus hears our prayers! praying for peace and joy for you right now. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!...and I am so with you on the simple/relaxing holidays and not trying to do too much. I am still not sure what to make for breakfast the 25th...we'll see!

    Also, I love reading your blog...rarely comment though so I thought I'd pop in and say hello! I appreciate your light-heartedness but also realism and honesty mixed in, your love for family, crafty and baking things, etc. etc...

    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! <3 to you and yours...
    jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my thank you so much! you just made my day!! merry christmas to you too. :)

      Delete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)