Thursday, May 16, 2013

thrift store thursday

hey y'all. :)

welp. i missed thrift store thursday last week because it was the boys' last day of school slash field day.
busy day.
i'm not sure how my thrifting schedule will go now that school is out, but rest assured it will get done.
one way or another.  :)

so here are a few of my thrifted finds from the past week . . .


i have a thing for old hymnals.
i grew up singing out of a hymnal and i lovelovelove hymns.
i am so glad that i have 2 hymnals from the church that i grew up in.
i found this pretty vintage hymnal last week for the booth.


vintage moustache mug, was actually my grandpa's. . .  also in the booth.


vintage button collection {another one of my favorites} also in the booth. :)


and now things get weird.
are you wondering what the heck i was thinking?
first of all....i think it's kind sad/weird/creepy when people donate old frames with the photo in them.
surely someone wants to keep that pic???
oh well....to each their own, i guess.

anyhow....i actually paid 50 cents for each of those frames.
i needed an 8X10 piece of glass for a frame that i already had but the glass broke.
and i needed a square frame for another pic....and obviously i spray painted it. ;)



this is a the frame that needed the glass.
the print is from jones design company....and this is also heading to the booth tomorrow. :)


i stopped by an estate sale last week and found these gorgeous vintage pillowcases.
i love the hand detailing.
 they are in perfect condition and were 50 cents each!
such a happy score.
these went to our bed. :)


also at the estate sale, i found this beautiful vintage frame for 50 cents.
love the antique gold. so pretty.
i found this frame in a box of frames...the majority of which were not pretty.
this goes to show you, you have to be willing to dig!
you never know what treasures you'll find. :)

i had this one year pic of ruby printed at sam's and i plan to add it to our gallery wall. :)

okay so those are a few of my finds this week.
yay for thrifting!!!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. GREAT finds!!! I linked your blog in my latest post about decorating my first house. I hope you don't mind! I am so anxious to start thrifting!! What are some staple tools you think I should stock up on? I know you have a lot of spray paint and fabric. What kind of spray paint do you suggest? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new
    to me. Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!



    Also visit my web site ... click the up coming post

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)