Friday, September 17, 2010

i have 8 casserole in my freezer

my friend stacy had the great idea to use our mom's day out morning to make freeze ahead meals.
 she doesn't love to cook, so it was some good entertainment listening to her interpret the recipes. :)


 we're not afraid of some great value.


it was really fun, albeit a bit hectic.
we weren't sure what to expect but it took us the better part of the day.
we made 16,  9X13 casseroles.....so we each went home with 8 full casseroles.
we both want to do it again, and we'll know better next time and be a bit more prepared.
i.e.: do more prep work ahead of time.

it's a good thing she has a big kitchen because we made a big ol' mess.
we made king ranch chicken, spaghetti bake, stuffed jumbo shells, & chicken bake.
we came away with 2 of each casserole.
do you like stacy's method of "mincing" the carrots? 
if you can't tell, she's peeling the carrots into the pan. :)

in an effort to be efficient, i quadrupled my recipe and made 4 at once.
that makes for a very full pot.

what about y'all?
have you ever done freeze ahead meals? got any great recipes you want to share?
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Looks good! Can you share the recipe for King Ranch Chicken? I need to do this so on nights like tonight I can just pull one out and be ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree....all the ingredients on the counter look like things my family will eat....please share the recipes to your meals when you have time....THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun (and work!!). :D Much better to do with a friend.
    Some gals from my church do it this way: http://catramblings.blogspot.com/2008/10/meal-swapping.html
    Not quite as many meals at once, but not as much work either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how at the end of the day, any good casserole is covered with shredded cheese. :)

    I've done this, and there were 3 of us. We each chose 1 recipe to make and we each tripled our own recipe so we walked away with 3 full casseroles but only had to make 1. We did Chicken Divan, Beef Stroganoff, and Shepherd's Pie. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm mmmmmm. they look ssssooooo good (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tiny kitchen would explode with all that food!
    I love cook ahead meals like that - it's absolutely perfect. I would love to do that and make twice as many meals with using 8x8 casserole dishes.
    I'm looking up King Ranch Chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO not good at transferring recipes from cook to freeze to recook...so if you would like to SHARE I would be thrilled =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea! i also would love for you to share the recipes. and that kitchen is to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes recipes please, I love making meals ahead of time. I have used this website before http://www.hotby6.com/ for making meals that you freeze.

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)