Wednesday, September 1, 2010

simple teacher gifts

i love to send a little something with the boys for their teachers on the first day of school.
just a little something to thank them for training, teaching, & loving our children.

this is so very simple.
here's the one i made for valentines day earlier this year.

plus you get a gift too, a nice tall glass o' mocha.
as a thank you to yourself for staying up making lunches and setting out outfits and writing initials on crayons.

these are so fun to do.
polka dotty scrapbook paper and ribbon are so happy.

i used glue dots to adhere everything.
so easy and so cute.

you could use any glass bottle.
start saving them now for Christmas gifts.
or thanksgiving or hannuka or boss's day or president's day. whatev. Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Simple and great idea! It is a good gift for a teacher: they don't have to keep it, it is not to many calories, and they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that now my son is unexpectedly in school, I guess I should make her something to say thanks for teaching him all day 5 days a week... so this will be the 1st gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I wish I would have thought to do 1st day of school gifts for Ethan's teachers - they would have loved that!!!

    I am totally stealing this idea for later use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thosre ARE cute!
    The hubby loves those drinks. I don't drink them....*whispers* I think they're vile.
    I think I could make a few for some friends!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Sara! I was just thinking I'd like to give Owen's teachers something special at the end of his first week.

    This idea is simple yet sweet - I think I'll make a note that says

    "Thanks for making my very frist week of school so sweet!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I bet the teachers will love them! I know I would!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this idea!! I will definitely use this, thank you! Stop on over for a visit sometime...

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable idea! :) Thanks for joining in on the first Thrilling Thursday linky party @ Paisley Passions. I hope you will join in again next week :)

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so stinkin' cute! I wish I had seen this before my kids started. I'm bookmarking this for Christmas. Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the best! You must share them at The Pretty Packages Party. It starts today. I hope you'll stop by! http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2010/09/pretty-packages-party-2.html
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I have been looking for something to use those great bottles for!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)