Monday, September 6, 2010

it's nap time.

happy labor day.
it is a lovely day because my man is home.
we spent the morning at the clothesline fair.
i had a funnel cake and bought a flower pin for my hair. happy mommy.
the boys got wooden rubber band guns.
i love those kind of toys....no batteries.
requires imagination.


aj and i have discovered documentaries on pbs. 
we don't have cable but we do love cuddling on the couch with a movie.
decent movies are sooooooo hard to find.
i usually check movies on www.pluggedin.com or www.dove.org to see if they're worth a watch or not.
9 times out of 10 they're not.
no need to waste our time infiltrating our minds with garbage thankyouverymuch.

last night we watched a documentary on mormons and today we watched one on Wyatt Earp.
aj chose that one.
i vote for the one on jonestown next.
fascinating stuff.
i'm actually serious.
and i don't feel dumber after we've watched it.
which is how i feel when we watch almost any show online.


so the pogo stick turned out to be some of the best $4 i have ever spent.
avery loves it. 
it has entertained that child for hours. 
and he's super good at it. his record is a hundred and something at one time.
my record is 8.
don't be jealous. 
i will say that last night he was complaining of his back hurting from jumping on it so much....so possibly we should ration the thing. 
finley is not so impressed. 
but that's probably because he has to have help to do it so it kinda cramps his style.
avery reeeeeeaaaally wanted me to take a picture of him doing this.
that is all.
you may go on with your day now. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. two things::

    1. you look supercute in that pic.
    2. our cable was out earlier this summer and we watched PBS docs too...you guys should check out "Faces of America". they did DNA testing and ancestry trees on some well known Americans.It was really interesting

    happy labor day :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like documentaries, too. Have you watched, Who Killed The Electric Car? Sounds boring, but it was so good. Also I am reading a book about The Dust Bowl of the 1930s. In talking with others about it, I've heard there are some good documentaries about it on PBS. Its this huge chunk of our history that I knew nothing about....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been told by several friends to check these documentaries out - I might just need to take your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I watch those from time to time also. His favorite was a series about life on a ship in the military. It is interesting (though not really that educational), but he likes it because it reminds him of his Coast Guard days. I watched one the other day about the open air market in Canada. I thought we were the only ones that knew about those hidden gems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS A LOT! Another addiction. I'm currently glued to the Donner Party documentary. Sigh. I have so much laundry to fold, but no....

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)