Tuesday, September 7, 2010

point me towards the funnel cake

the next town over was having a festival downtown.
there were free kids rides, chili tasting contest, small town entertainment, etc.
when this family hears "free" anything, we come a runnin.

that's my nephew.
he's 12 1/2 and getting so tall it scares me.
that poor girl.
she didn't know what she was doing when she got in a teacup with my boys.
meeting "woody."
yeah.
i got to squeeze my hips into a kiddie ride so that sawyer could have a turn.
it went slooooooooowwww.
sawyer enjoyed it for about 2 turns around the circle.
then he spent the rest of the ride trying to get out and doing this:
avery really wanted to go on the ferris wheel.
he loves rides. he loves danger. he loves excitement.
he'd never been on a ferris wheel and always wanted to so i said i'd take him.
not sure if i'm scowling more at the fact that the ride looked like it was put together with hot glue or at the carnie staring me up and down.

oh and by the way, i'm not a huge fan of heights.
but i love my boy and i put my fears aside for the pure joy he got out of this ride.
and i do like a little excitement, despite my fears. :)

fake smile.
just in case you can't tell how high this is, that's the top  of a building behind me.
look how avery is excitedly looking over the side and i have a death grip on that contraption

and now for the coolest picture ever . . .

i big puffy heart love this picture. 
i am going to mess with it on picnik and then have it blown up and hang it in our kitchen. 
i love it that much. 

it's cool and it's a memory. 
150 bonus points for me.  Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I always want to buy/enlarge pictures to put on the wall, but I struggle with whether or not they are supposed to have meaning. and very few pictures I take (well, more like none of them)could be considered art. You have art and a story/meaning all together!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)