Thursday, March 8, 2012

another yarn wreath. :)



we're having a rainy, drizzly, cold day here in arkansas.
considering we've had so many sunny, warm days lately, i guess we're due a few overcast ones.

despite today's forecast, there are trees budding and flowers poking through every where you look.
spring is so full of hope... i love it.



last week i decided it was time to go ahead and take the christmas wreath off the front door.
it was starting to get embarrassing.

i made another yarn wreath.
they're so fun and therapeutic to make.



i used a straw wreath form {with the plastic left on} from goodwill, vintage blue yarn from a thrift store in kansas & some left over red yard that i bought to wrap christmas presents.



i made the flower using a crocheted flower tutorial i found on pinterest. 

this wreath is a happy pop of color on a dreary day. :)



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. It's really cute!! And even better that you made it with stuff you already had - that's my kind of project. I'm embarrassed to say our front door still has a Christmas wreath too. I really need to get around to switching it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! I love the colors you used as well!
    :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I'm currently looking for one for autumn (which is starting to show in South Africa) and it's really hard since I gave Pintrest up for Lent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i gave up dessert for Lent and it's gonna kill me, i'm sure of it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Sara, LOVE that wreath. I think I see some therapuetic wrapping in my future!
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the same flower that you made when I was with you. It looks really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)