Friday, May 4, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Crockpot Chicken

last week i decided to give one of my pinterest pinned recipes a try.
i looked around and chose one that i already had all of the ingredients for.

creamy. bacon wrapped. crockpot. chicken.
hello.

you can click on that link above for the original recipe.
or here's how i did it (i switched things up a bit) . .  .

1. fry 8 pieces of bacon and cook over medium-low heat until some of the fat is rendered. Be sure that the bacon is still pliable. drain on paper towels.  


2.   wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each boneless chicken breast and place in a 4-5 quart crockpot. i used four good sized chicken breasts.  you can see from the pic that i browned some of the bacon more than others and it was harder to wrap around. 
 in the end i don't think it mattered how long i cooked them...the goal was just to get some of the fat out.
somehow, chicken floating in a sea of bacon grease doesn't sound very appetizing. 


3.   in a separate bowl, combine a can of cream of mushroom,  8 oz. sour cream,  2 cloves of chopped garlic and 1/4 cup flour.




 mix it all together and pour it over the chicken. 




 4.  cook on low for 5-7 hours until chicken and bacon are thoroughly cooked. i did 5 hours and it probably didn't need that much. it was falling. apart. 
remove the chicken and beat the sauce with a wire whisk so it is very well blended and then pour over the chicken. 

5.  i served it over rice but it would also be super yummy over couscous. 



pairs nicely with a cold glass of sweet tea.  :)

all in all this is a pinterest recipe success story. 
the boys loved it and said i should make it again.

full disclosure: i had seconds of everything on that plate. the end.


p.s. find more recipes on my "recipes" tab above. ^









 




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you have seriously made my day!!! I am going to have to try this chicken recipe, but...at the bottom where you posted your sweet tea recipe. Oh. My. Word. You made my day! I have tried to replicate sweet tea in the past but it never came out right. We just got back from a vacation in the south, and I drank sweet tea every single day. I just made your sweet tea recipe for myself and husband and we are in love!!! Thank you for sharing!!! =) It's the simple things that make me happy! haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johannah! I'm so glad it worked for you! Yay, sweet tea is the best! and now YOU have made MY day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! bacon, chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream, you had me at bacon and it just kept getting better and better. I LOVE pinterest hails/fails! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)