Thursday, May 17, 2012

quick and simple paper doily garland



last weekend we hosted a little 25th anniversary celebration for my dad & stepmom.

i wanted to give our mantle a little anniversary sweetness so i picked up this pack of paper doilies in the baking section at Hob Lob.
and obviously used my 40% off coupon.
obviously.


i think it's a 24 pack and i paid a little over a dollar.
cheap and easy.
yes, please.


this took like 5-10 minutes total.
i just found some white string i had on hand, folded the individual doilies over the string, & stapled to secure.

so easy, but so cute, i say.


i also took down the other things that were on the sides of the mantle and just piled up some of my collected milk glass.
isn't milk glass the best?
that's probably one of the only things that i collect.
besides dust.
i collect plenty of that.



i'm loving it here in the living room right now.
it's so bright and happy.
i think i will eventually relocate it to ruby's room.
it is pretty girly.


i love how it turned out and i love that it was such a quick project.

there are so many fun uses for this little doily bunting . . . baby showers, wedding showers, girly birthday party, wedding tables, photo props . . . shall i go on? :)

right about now i am kicking myself for giving away all those old {non-paper} doilies i used to have.
dang hindsight.


happy doilying! :)

Somewhat Simple

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I like this, Sara. Very easy and cheap. My kind of project!

    ReplyDelete

I love and so appreciate your comments! They make my day. :)